Thursday, September 13, 2018

Thursday - Another Mostly Cloudy, Dreary Day!

Ken left at 7:30 to have breakfast with one of his CR buddies.  I did my normal morning routine, including my stretches and exercises which I began again yesterday.  Just for an update - my back pain is fine, and my hip may be slightly better, but since the shot in my back I now have pain in my shin and thigh which make it difficult to walk without a limp.  I only had the shot about 1 week ago, so I am trying to continue to be cautiously optimistic, but that seems to get a little less as the days go by.  Not complaining, just stating the facts!

Ken and I left at 11:45 for a volunteer appreciation dinner for Lititz Meals on Wheels.  Currently there are about 150 volunteers and many of those folks were there for the once every 5 year event.  Lititz Meals on Wheels is celebrating their 45th anniversary and have served over 1 million meals.  To this day, they remain the only 100% volunteer MOW group in the area.  They receive no funding from national, state or local governments and they only charge $5.00 per day for a hot meal and bagged lunch.  We were served a great catered meal and really enjoyed the informative program.  They also gave out many door prizes that were gift cards to be used to support the businesses in downtown Lititz - how appropriate!  Unfortunately Ken and I were not winners!  We did meet some very nice folks at our table and look forward to "connecting" with them again!

After returning home, I drove to Boscov's in Lancaster to get myself a pair of sneakers and to purchase some birthday gifts for Ken.  It was a successful trip and I was back home by 4:30.  Ken had done some reading while I was gone and then went for a long walk.  We decided to skip dinner because we had plenty to eat at lunchtime and neither of us was hungry!

We finished our game of Hand and Foot with Ken being the victor (hey, it is his birthday tomorrow so I decided to be kind - NOT, I just lost!!!

I did some x-stitch while listening to music and by 9:30, we were in bed to do some reading.

As Ken has reminded me, tomorrow is a special day, actually he has been using the phrase "it's my birthday week" whenever he wanted to do something out of the ordinary since Sunday!

Just an update - John and Cindy did buy a new 2019 Silverwind Motorhome at the Hershey RV Show, trading in their 2014 Bounder.  They are so excited and so are Ken and I for them.  They are really going to enjoy it as they continue on their RV adventures!

1 comment:

  1. Tell John and Cindy congratulations! We went to the show on Sunday for a few hours.

    ReplyDelete