Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Tuesday - Memorable Day - 9/11 and My Parents 70th Wedding Anniversary!

Ken and I left the house at 7 in separate cars to take the CRV to Jones Honda to have some service done, fortunately nothing major!  We left there at 7:30 and headed to Lyndon Diner for breakfast before our 9:00 appointment with our lawyer to sign all the documentation for our wills.  Rather morbid, don't you think, but our wills definitely needed to be updated!  Actually I really enjoy the lawyer and he made it so informative and interesting!

As we left that appointment, we got a call that the CRV was ready for pick-up which worked out perfectly.  I left the dealership and made a few stops on the way home.  We ate lunch and headed to Masonic Village for the surprise 70th Anniversary Party they were having for my parents.  Mom and Dad thought Ken and I had left for Avalon Beach, so they were very surprised when they saw us there.  Masonic did a great job hosting the party (which definitely was a surprise for my parents) providing cake, ice cream, pictures, Hershey Kisses with a 70th sticker on the bottom of each, and a time of reflecting of what happened in 1948, the year they were married. 


Hard to imagine they are 88 and 94!

Here comes the "bride"!

Quite a gathering of residents and nurses!


The Happy Couple!

Beautiful cake provided by Masonic Village!

The residents were responsible for the stickers on the
bottom of the Hershey kisses!





My sister, Cindy, and I decided we would sing for their party and we were thrilled by all the residents that attended the celebration and their willingness to sing along with How Great Thou Art and In the Garden. 



Time for music and we were thrilled to sing together!


Mom was tearful from the song, In the Garden, which she
wants Cindy and I to sing at her funeral!  I hope that
is a long way off!

Listening intently to our songs!

It was time for the Anniversary Kiss -



I think they are having a special moment!

It was a very special time for all and what a milestone for my parents!  Cindy and I are so blessed to have both our parents still living and in good health!

After the party, Cindy, John, Ken and I played Up the River with Mom and Dad and had such a fun time!  We all left there at 4!  I did my devotions when we returned home and by 5:45 Ken was on his way to Celebrate Recovery.  I downloaded the photos Ken took today, worked on this blog, and made another card holder.  Ken was back home by 9:15 and watched the last 45 minutes of America's Got Talent with me.  Most of the acts that the judges really liked were not my favorites, so it will be interesting to see who stays tomorrow night!

We keep watching news on Hurricane Florence and can't imagine the magnitude of this storm.  Hopefully it will not be as devastating as they are forecasting.  

1 comment:

  1. Truly a blessing to have your parents and have them so in love and healthy.

    ReplyDelete