Friday, January 11, 2019

Friday - Busy Day!

Ken did his morning routine and woke me at 6:30.  Time for my stretches and then getting ready for the day.  Ken had a Skype chat with his mentor back in PA from 7:30 to 8:15.  During that time I did some of my devotions and started breakfast.

After eating and doing dishes, we were on our way to Edgewater Church to help with the Food Pantry.  It was the smallest amount of food we have had since Ken and I started helping here.  Very little fruits, veggies, bread or desserts, which is extremely unusual.  Fortunately there weren't as many clients today!

Ken and I decided not to go to lunch with the volunteers today because we had numerous errands to do.  We wanted to get Valentine and Birthday cards for our family, some gift cards, a outside clothes umbrella for here at the campground (there is already a cemented "receiver in the ground from a previous camper), and a few other items.

We only returned to the campground at 3:30 and we hadn't had lunch.  So, we sat outside eating and then Ken read while I ended up playing a game on my tablet ( a waste of time but sometimes it is just fun!).  We made salads, Ken vacuumed, and we made sure things were in place in Wilbur.    I finished my devotions and worked on this blog.  

At 6:30, Burt and Pat, friends from the Church that we visited at their home in Maine this past summer, arrived to play some Hand and Foot, which is a relatively new game for them, having learned it here in Florida at the end of last winter.  We spent time chatting and then played 2 rounds of Hand and Foot with the men ahead by about 800 points.  I will keep the score sheet and we will continue the game next time we get together!  It was such a nice evening.  I appreciated the beautiful bouquets of lilies they brought.

They left around 9:30 and after cleaning up, we headed to bed to read.  

No comments:

Post a Comment