Sunday, January 6, 2019

Sunday - A Relaxing Day!

Ken completed his morning routine till I got up around 6:30.  I did my stretches, got ready for church and I even had time to do most of my devotions.

We were at Edgewater by 9:15 and had a nice time visiting with our church friends.  Bruce asked us if we would be willing to serve communion and we were thrilled to be asked again.  We had served 1X last winter and really enjoyed the opportunity.  The message by Pastor Dan, The State of the Church Address, was very interesting and informative of all the things accomplished by the church in 2018.  With an attendance around 750, they do amazing things and have so many wonderful outreach programs.

It came time to serve the bread and cup, which is done by the "server" holding a half loaf of bread in a cloth napkin and a chalice in the other.  As the folks come forward, they bread off a piece of bread and dip it into the juice.  Well, as we were waiting in the back to go forward, Ken's bread "jumped" out of the napkin and fell on the floor.  His expression was priceless!  Immediately, Kaylee saw what happened (she is the head of hospitality at the Church), picked up the bread, and quickly brought him a new loaf.  Ken was so grateful.  The remainder of our serving went well but he had a "death grip" on the bread.

After church, Ken and I went to Denny's for breakfast and then to Wal-Mart for a few groceries and other items we needed.  We were back to Wilbur by 12:45, just in time to watch the football wild card games.  I didn't want to plan anything for today so I could watch both games and that is pretty much what I did.  

Ken read outside during the 1st half of the Chargers/Ravens game and I painted rocks and did some crocheting while I watched.  At halftime we did about a 1 1/2 mile walk around the campground.  Then we were both indoors to watch the rest of the game.

Then it was time for the game I was so excited to see - Bears vs. Eagles.  I am definitely an Eagle fan, but Coach Nagy of the Bears, and his wife graduated from Ken and my alma mater, Manheim Central High School, so we felt a bit torn!  What a game and I was so happy the Eagles won, but felt badly for Coach Nagy and the field goal kicker, but I guess that is football!!!!  Go Eagles!

After the game, we walked over to visit Ernie and Noela.  After some chatting and sharing, we discussed our plans for tomorrow - Costco and Sweet Tomato for a late lunch.  Sounds like a good time!  We were back to Wilbur around 9:15 and we went right to bed - reading and then dreamland.  I enjoyed my relaxing day!


No comments:

Post a Comment