Friday, January 18, 2019

Friday - Food Pantry Day!

We do not walk on Friday mornings because we leave for the Food Pantry around 8:45.  We had more items this week and about 75 people came through.  As per usual, it is a rewarding time for Ken and me.  I had taken a container full of inspiration rocks I had painted and told our fellow workers to help themselves and take extras for any friends that needed a "boost".  Also, I said they should feel free to give them to anyone who comes through the Pantry today that could use some encouragement.  I probably took around 40 and only brought about 15 back - that felt good!!!

After cleaning up, about 15 of us went to Buffalo Wings for lunch and they certainly had a great menu and delicious food.  Ken and I were a bit concerned that all their food items might be rather unhealthy, but their salads and grilled chicken were delicious.

Some of the Food Pantry Crew!




We only returned around 3 and I decided to go to Bealls (not the outlet) to try to get some shirts.  I think I tried on about 15 different ones and came away with nothing - rather disappointing!  Nothing seemed to fit properly!

Neither Ken nor I were hungry, so we had some fruit and then invited Ernie and Noela over to play cards.  They were here from 7:15 to 9:15 and we played another game of Uno which the men won again.  For some reason, that game makes all of us silly!

We went right to bed after they left and did some reading before it was lights out!  What a great day!

I got a call from the founder of Knots of Love today and she told me which city and states received my preemie afghans - 3 to California, 2 to New York, one to Nashville, and one to New Mexico.  I really enjoying knowing where they go, but I wish there was some way to correspond with the folks who get them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment