Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Tuesday - Sunny and 75 Degrees

It was our typical morning of walking as a group and doing our reading.  A group of ladies from the Food Pantry wanted to get together to play and learn pickleball and invited me to participate.  So I left at 10:45 to meet them at Highland Park in North Point around 11.  It was a very windy day but the temperature was perfect for playing.  2 of the ladies had never played but they did a great job learning and really enjoyed it.  We hope to do this every Tuesday at the same time and I welcome it as an opportunity to learn to know more women from the Church!

Ken had spent the time studying, reading, and on the computer.  He has been working on his testimony that he wants to give at Celebrate Recovery and he thinks it would be good to give it here before he does it back home.  So, he read it to me and I was certainly impressed with the contents and his openness and honesty about his life.  Now I need to type it for him.

After lunch Ken vacuumed and washed the floors in Wilbur will I scoured and dusted.  He had a meeting with a gentleman from Celebrate Recovery here in Florida for several hours.  

After dinner, we drove to Burt and Pat's condo in Port Charlotte and we spent the evening talking and then playing 4 rounds of Hand and Foot.  We finished 1 game which the women won and started another which we will finish the next time we get together (the men are winning, but I think that will change!).  It was a very fun evening.

Back to Wilbur just in time for me to watch New Amsterdam.  Love that show!

No comments:

Post a Comment