Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Wednesday - Fun Day with Friends From Back Home!

Ken and I did our normal morning routine and then or "staggered" walk with Ernie and Noela.  We spent the morning around the campground getting ready for the day and having a wonderful phone conversation with our daughter, Jamie!  We really appreciated her phone call.  My sister called too and they are having a good time in Texas, but haven't felt great since they arrived.  They both feel like they are "on the mend" but it has certainly taken a long time!

We left at 12:15 and I had a phone chat with Ken's sister on the way.  She is planning to have knee replacement surgery in the next several weeks. We went to Hurricane Charley's in Punta Gorda to meet our previous neighbors, Russ and Darlene, for lunch.  They lived beside us in Akron and their home was the last one Ken sold while he was in the Real Estate business.  They have been full-time RVer's for about 5 years spending their winters in Florida and summers in a CG in Lancaster County.  It was so great to spend about 2 1/2 hours with them.  We hope to get together at least 1 more time while in Florida.


A great place to eat with special friends!


As soon as we got back to Wilbur, Ken left for Rick and Joyce's in Venice to go with them to a church service at Bayside.  Rick's sister is here for about 10 days and she went with them also.  I stayed "home" and played pickleball from 7 to 8 and had a great time.  I am pleased with how I have been playing and finding that it really doesn't seem to bother my back - hallelujah!

I put some additional coats on my rocks, got some packages ready for our granddaughters for Valentine's Day and I was just getting ready for bed when Ken returned.  He really enjoyed his evening with Rick and Joyce at Bayside.  A little reading and then off to dreamland!

No comments:

Post a Comment