Monday, January 21, 2019

Monday - Very Cold Morning for Florida, but Then a Sunny, Cool Day!

It was in the upper 30's when the 4 of us were on our routine morning walk.  Gloves and hats were a necessity if we wanted to be warm.  On our return, the sun was shining brightly, but the  breeze was a bit cool but certainly not as freezing cold as in PA and Canada!  Can't imagine being outside in those crazy temperatures!

Ken took these photos when he left for his walk -

Sunrise looking to the east!
The moon in western sky!


After breakfast, Noela and I went on a shopping spree to Beall's Outlet, Hobby Lobby, Ross, and TJ Maxx.  We had a fun trip and were very successful at Beall's Outlet getting several tops that actually fit and it was Senior Day so we got an extra 15% off everything we purchased!  

We only returned around 2 and both of us were so hungry.  Ken had been very busy while I was gone paying bills, reading, keeping in touch with his CR buddies, and then setting up the outside awning, sunshade, and all the extras!

We played 3 games of shuffleboard with Ernie and Noela and the men won 2 of 3!  We will definitely need a rematch.

I played pickleball for about an hour and it was a disappointing night for me  because I played poorly.  I'd like to blame it on the cold weather which seemed to cause some stiffness in my legs and back, but that probably had nothing to do with it.  Tonight was just a very off night for me.  Ken returned from Celebrate Recovery at 9:15 while I was working on this blog and watching America's Got Talent - The Champions!  There are just so many talented folks on this show.  Not sure how you can compare apples to oranges!  I'm just glad I'm not a judge!

No comments:

Post a Comment