Saturday, January 26, 2019

Saturday - Cold, Windy Day!

Ken had a rough night of coughing and feeling congested.  He was awake so many times and woke with a cold.  Needless to say, it was a restless night for me too!  We text Ernie and Noela and told them we would not be walking!

Ken and I left at 11:30 and drove to Venice so I could walk through the Craft Show they had on Miami Avenue.  Noela, Ernie, Ken, and I had attended the same show last year and I really enjoyed seeing the unique items that the crafters displayed.  Ken dropped me off and had planned to do some reading, but he only found a place to park 15 minutes before I called him to come back to pick me up.  Poor guy!

We drove to Sarasota to the home of Frank and Barb, full time residents of Florida, who used to go to LCBC back home.  They invited us to a picnic that 25 folks attended, many of them folks we knew from PA.  We also got to meet friends of theirs and Rick and Joyce who go to Bayside Church.  It was a very cool, windy day, so we spent some time in the garage and then ate inside.  Everyone had brought something to share so there was plenty of delicious food.  Ken and I left around 6 and planned to stop at the Costco in Sarasota, but we quickly discovered that it had closed at 6.

What a special group of folks!  We had such a good time!


We were back to the CG by 6:45 and I was really tired.  I decided to head to bed at  7:45 to do some reading

No comments:

Post a Comment