Thursday, January 3, 2019

Wednesday & Thursday - Gorgeous Days!

Wednesday, Ken was up early to do his morning routine and then left at 7:30 to meet Ernie for a morning walk.  I was up at 7, did my morning routine, and then did some clean-up and started breakfast - omelettes.

Upon Ken's return, we ate breakfast outside, did dishes, and then sat outside chatting and having a very nice conversation with Lanie.  We did take time to finish our last round of Hand and Foot and Ken was the winner.  We decided to pack our lunches and head to Englewood Beach for the afternoon.  Ernie and Noela had errands to run and more set- up to complete, so we planned to just get together after dinner.

We were at the beach from 12:15 to 3 and it was another beautiful day to be enjoying the sun and surf!  I spent too much time "bent over" looking for sharks teeth, so I also sat on my chair and did some reading.  Ken did the same things plus got a little "snooze"!  

On our way back we chatted with Jamie, finishing the conversation outside at the CG.   After showers, I did my devotions which I didn't have time for earlier.  Ken grilled salmon and steak for dinner, which were delicious, and by 6:45 I was on the pickleball courts for the 1st time since September.  There were only 7 of us, so we got to rest in between games.  I got to play 3 games and was fairly happy with my play considering I hadn't played for quite awhile!

When I got back at 8, Ernie and Noela were visiting with Ken, but we decided not to play any games because Noela was still trying to recoup from all their driving and the work they have done since arriving.  We chatted and I gave them their Christmas gift - a picture calendar I had made for them highlighting our time together in 2018.

They left around 9:15 and Ken and I went to bed to do some reading before it was "lights out"!  What a great day!

Today, Thursday, was another warm day, but the sun was in and out!  After doing all of his reading, Ken left to walk with Ernie at 7:20.  I got ready and by 7:50 Noela and I left to meet up with the "boys" part way through their walk.  It was already fairly hot and humid!  I must admit that I realize I am not accustomed to having a morning "schedule" and I am not sure I like that!  No wonder I do not meet my Curvette friends at Planet Fitness on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, because they are there by around 6 - way toooo early for this gal!!!  It did feel good to get my walking in so early in my day, but I really don't like hurrying in the morning - I prefer a relaxed routine!  So, maybe we will plan meeting them about 3 mornings a week.  I am also looking forward to playing pickleball about 3X a week, but only in the evenings!

Ken and I were back by 8:30, ate, and then he left to help unload the trucks and partially set-up for tomorrow's Food Pantry.  I spent that time doing devotions, blogging, and talking to my mother.  I also started to get things ready for the afternoon bike ride.  Ken was back around 11:15, so we ate a light lunch outside and then Ken and Ernie loaded our bikes for our ride on the Venetian Waterway Trail.  

The 4 of us left the CG in Ernie's truck at 12:45 after Ken and I had made salads for tonight and tomorrow night's dinners.  We 1st went to check-out the property in Venice that Ernie and Noela's family that own the horse farm will be renting when they come to Florida the last week of January.  From there we parked in downtown Venice, unloaded the bikes, and went to the Upper Crust for a treat - one of their delicious scones.  We also visited the Tea and Spice Shoppe where Noela purchased some hibiscus flowers to make an herbal tea.

Love these delicious scones!  Ours was dried cherry with
white chocolate!

This is a group of serious scone eaters!

Better take a breather and safe some for
the photographer!


We were on the trail around 2:30 and headed towards Caspersen Beach, but stopping along the way to feed peanuts to the Florida Scrub Jays - what fun!  At one point 3 of them "visited" us.  One sat on Ken's hat for at least a minute, another took a peanut from Ernie, and the 3rd took a peanut from my hand and then sat on my handlebar eating it.  We do this every year and it is so much fun!  

Love the scenery along the trail....

....including the turtles!

Florida scrub jays look a lot like a
blue jay!

Such a brilliant blue!

They certainly aren't scared of humans!



Time for a snack!


The bird whisperer/whistler!!!




Most of the trail is along the intracoastal waterway, but you
have to go around a development through this beautiful
wooded area!






We returned to the truck around 4:15 after riding around 10 miles.  It was a great day for a ride with a great breeze and the sun in and out!  We stopped at Detwiler's Market on our way back to the CG for some fruits and veggies, arriving back there by 5:30.  

Ken and I ate our salads, he showered and I headed to the pickleball courts at 6:30 and played till 7:30, enjoying 3 games.  I played fairly well but definitely have room for improvement especially volleying at the net!  I just need to be more aggressive!

As soon as I got back we went to Ernie and Noela's and spent the evening playing a whole game of Hand and Foot which the women won!  It was a fun time!

Back to Wilbur around 9:30 and I was so happy to shower!  It was off to bed to do some reading after drying my hair.  What a delightful day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment