Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Wednesday - Partly Sunny Day and a Bit Cooler!

We started the day with our now "normal" morning routine of reading and studying for Ken, stretches and devotions for me, and then doing our walks with Ernie and Noela.  We are enjoying having a routine!

Upon our return, I made flax pancakes for breakfast and we were able to eat outside again.  What a way to start the day!  More time sitting and chatting while I enjoyed my chai.  

There really is a flax pancake under there!!!


We had decided that today would be a "catch up" day and that we wouldn't leave the campground.  Ken was on the computer registering his Civic and then went to Ernie to order some support posts for our awning which are gotten from a company in Canada.  Ken needed Ernie to place the phone call since the folks at the company only speak French.  Long story short, the posts were a lot more expensive than we anticipated, so we decided they weren't a necessity for us.

I did some clean-up and then went on line to order the scrapbook pages I had created for our granddaughters from our camping adventures with them last summer.  I want to send them to the girls for Valentine's Day and order them from Costco.  I discovered that the Costco's in this area do not have photo centers - what a disappointment.  

We ate lunch and then I decided it was time to make some phone calls.  My 1st one was to Jamie.  We had a nice chat and then I asked her if she would please pick-up the scrapbook pages at the Costco in Lancaster and give them to the girls (Lanie's girls too) when I send them their Valentine cards.  That was the best solution I could find and she was happy to do it!  Then I had a long talk with my mother and both she and dad are doing well.  The next call was to my good friend, Jackie, and I had another wonderful time talking with her.  

Then it was time to catch-up on our blog.  Somehow I had gotten a bit behind!  Ken and I worked together making salads for tonight and tomorrow night.  He did more reading and I decided to begin making some greeting cards.  2 young couples recently got married at Edgewater Church and I wanted to make cards for them.  Wow, it is a lot harder getting set-up to make card in Wilbur.  At home everything is in its proper place, but here I have to work out of bins and boxes - not very convenient!

Ken grilled chicken to put on our salads and he did the dishes while I went to the pickleball courts.  The 1st game I played way above my level - it was amazing, but the next 2 games were a different story!  I felt like a totally different player who had trouble keeping the ball in the court!  But, I still had a lot of fun.  

I left by 7:30 and Ken and I went to Ernie and Noela's to play 2 rounds of Hand and Foot.  The women have the lead!  We chatted for a little and were back to Wilbur by 9.  We have decided that when we get together in the evenings, we will part ways by 9 because we get up early to walk about 5 days a week.  Having a routine works the best for Ken and I and I think that is true for Ernie and Noela too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment