Thursday, January 10, 2019

Thursday - Much Colder Morning and Day!

Ken actually slept in til about 5:45 and did his reading.  I was up at 6:30, did my stretches, and then downloaded photos for the blog.

We did our normal morning walks, meeting up with each other along the way.  It was a rather chilly morning with sunshine but only in the 40's.  Gloves were welcomed!  Ken and I were back by 8:20, ate breakfast, and he left to help at the Food Pantry by 8:45.  I did dishes and then worked on our blog because I had gotten behind!  I also had another nice phone conversation with my friend, Jackie!   I decided to continue my cardmaking today, since all the supplies were everywhere! Noela stopped by to see what I do to make cards and the supplies I have.  I think she was rather amazed by all my stamps, cardstock, etc. and I left most of it at home!

Ken was back by 11 and unfortunately we have very little food for the folks who come to the Food Pantry tomorrow.  Only 1 truck brought items and it was very limited.   Ken and I ate lunch and then he read while I did more cardmaking.  At 3:30 we went to the shuffleboard courts with Ernie and Noela.  The men won the 1st game by a slim margin and then the women won the next 2.  It was so much fun!  

Back to Wilbur and Ken showered while I cut-up onions and peppers to saute with leftover chicken to put on our salads for dinner.  He cooked them while I spent quite a bit of time putting all my cardmaking supplies in the proper storage area.  

Ernie and Noela were here from 7 to 9 and we finished our previous game of Hand and Foot (the men conceded after 3 rounds) and then played 2 rounds of another game with the women in the lead.  I'm starting to feel bad for the men, but not enough to let them win!

We went right to bed to do some reading with lights out by 10:15.  It was a nice relaxing day, but a chilly one for Florida, only in the low 60's!

No comments:

Post a Comment