Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Tuesday - A Cold Start to the Day, But Nothing Like Most of the USA!

When we all left for our walks this morning it was only 39 degrees, very cold for Florida!  But, it is frigid and setting records for the cold in so many parts of the US.  I think Michigan and Wisconsin had some wind chill temperatures up to 50 below.  Positively crazy!

After breakfast I drove to North Point Park to play pickleball with some folks I had never played with before.  I really had a good time and although I felt a bit hesitant at the beginning, I soon realized that I could hold my own with most of them.  After about 1 1/4 hours of playing, one of the ladies from church who is just learning to play came and I spent time playing and hitting with her and another lady who was a beginner.  They are doing well.  I was back to Wilbur by 12:30, tired and stiff.

After lunch, Ken really wanted to go to Manasota Beach, but I was a bit hesitant feeling that it might be chilly.  Off we went, getting there around 2:15 and the breeze was coming off the ocean and being in the low 60's, it was cool.  We stayed for about 1 1/2 hours and decided we were chilled, so we headed back to the CG stopping for a few groceries.

Ernie and Noela's family were here at the CG most of the day so we were able to meet Peter, his wife, and their 3 young children.  What cute little ones who adore their grandparents.  

I did some typing revisions on Ken's testimony which he had worked on this morning while I was gone.  Ernie and Noela invited us over to play Uno, because Peter and his family had left around 6:30.  It was a silly evening with the women being victorious.

I worked on this blog when we returned and then watched New Amsterdam at 10.  I certainly wish that show started earlier because the start time is past my bedtime! 

No comments:

Post a Comment