Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Tuesday - Another Gorgeous, Sunny Day!

Ken did his usual routine and I only got up at 7, a little later than I had planned.  He left at 7:15 to meet Ernie for their walk.  Noela and I left at 7:45 and met up with them, so us ladies got to walk about 2 miles!

Back to Wilbur to have an omelette breakfast with lots of fresh fruit that we were able to eat outside.  It was a beautiful morning with lots of sunshine and temperatures already in the low 70's.  We chatted under the awning while I enjoyed my chai.

Ken left for a 10:00 French class at the clubhouse and found it rather challenging.  It was a review and some of the people had taken the class the last 2 years, so obviously they were "ahead" of Ken.  He decided if he could just learn the basics they reviewed, it would be amazing.  Upon his return, he did some work on the computer and then took time to wash all the windows in the CRV.  He loaded our bikes while I vacuumed and did some cleanup inside.  He rested for a short time after lunch while I did my devotions. 

 By 1 we were on our way to Rick and Joyce in Venice, stopping at the bank on our way.  As soon as we arrived we followed each other into downtown Venice where we parked our vehicles, unloaded our bikes, and started our bike ride on the Venetian Waterway Trail.  We had a nice leisure ride stopping to "try" to feed the Florida scrub jays.  Either they had been fed earlier in the day or they just weren't interested in us, because after about 25 minutes, none of them appeared.  We did get to see an osprey fly to a nearby tree with a fish in his talons.  

Love this trail!


Seems like we always see a couple of turtles along our way!

Fun to watch the boats too!

Were are the Florida Scrub Jays?  We have peanuts for you!!

I don't see any!!!!!

We did have perseverance!

Still searching for a sign of them!


No scrub jays, but this osprey with his fish was rather
interesting!


Nice woodpecker.  Probably good that he didn't come
for the peanuts!


We decided to ride into Caspersen Beach, walk along the shoreline, and then start the ride back to our cars.

There has been so much beach erosion on Caspersen Beach!

Several years ago, we could walk on the other side of those
large rocks!

Root exposure!

Ken and my shark tooth finds while on the beach a
very short time!




We have eaten many a picnic lunch at this table right off
the trail!  Brings back so many memories of times shared
with special friends!

We decided to give the scrub jays another chance, and bingo, they were thrilled to be fed.  They were happy to come to each one of us and for some reason really enjoyed sitting on my head.  I only had a visor on and their claws felt rather sharp, but while they were sitting there, I could put my hand in front of them with a peanut and they would take it from me.  They certainly aren't shy or timid!

Here we go again, but this time about 5 scrub jays decided
to come for dinner!




2 at once!!!

They certainly aren't bashful!



Such beautiful coloring!


We headed back to Rick and Joyce's home, ordered pizza which the "boys" picked up, and then spent the remainder of the evening playing men against women in double deck Pinochle.  They women were about 75 points behind going into the last hand, but Joyce had double queens and double pinochle and  I had ace's round.  Needless to say, we were the come behind winners.  We played 4 hands of a 2nd game and the men were ahead by a large margin.  We left at 9:45 after a very fun day with special friends.

Ken took this photo from the end of their street showing the
view from the back of all their homes!

A great place to play cards.  What a perfect reflection in the
water behind their home!


We went right to bed but I did watch New Amsterdam since it was the 1st show of the new season.  I find it such an great show and even though I was tired, I didn't want to miss it.  Ken fell asleep around 10:15 and I turned out my light at 11.

Our time in Florida continues to be so much fun and we are finally getting into somewhat of a routine allowing for time to reach out to others through the church. 

No comments:

Post a Comment