Saturday, January 5, 2019

Saturday - Windy, Sunny, Day in the 70's!

Ken finished his morning routine before I woke at 6:45.  I did my stretches in bed and then watched some of the morning news with Ken.  He left at 7:15 to meet Ernie for their morning walk.  

I did some work on our blog and Noela and I went to meet the "boys" at 7:45.  It was a beautiful morning for a walk as it was extremely "still" and just a great temperature.

If you look closely you will see an osprey
sitting on the back of another osprey.
Also, there is a heron above the osprey.
Both birds have a nest in this tree!

I love how crystal clear the shadows are in the water in the
back section of our CG.  
Back to Wilbur by 8:30 and we ate our breakfast outside.  We really didn't have any plans for today until meeting 3 other couples at Farlow's for dinner at 5:00.  So, it was a good day to do laundry.  

Joyce and Jim, fellow campers from Michigan who were introduced to us by Ernie and Noela, are only 2 campsites from us and she offered her outdoor drying umbrella to us to use while here.  Recently we found out from our neighbors that there is an umbrella holder in the ground on our site, so I borrowed Joyce's and brought it to our site.  I dried part of a load at the laundry, but was able to hang most of it outside - Yeah!!!

Ken had spent the morning on our computer registering our vehicles and sending in taxes to PA for my craft business.  He also sent back my tax number, so "Gifts From the Sea" is officially a closed business and that feels good!  It was lots of fun and exciting, but it is time to get rid of any pressure of producing and just enjoy making gifts to give away!  Matter of fact, I just packed up 9 preemie crocheted baby afghans to send to Knots of Love and I love making them!


All ready to be sent to some preemie babies somewhere in
the US!


Ken rested while I worked on this blog.  I talked to Joyce and we will see them tonight at dinner and plan to get together on Tuesday probably for a bike ride and some card playing.  

I finished the laundry and we remade the bed.  Ken and I left at 4:30 for Farlows on the Water where we were meeting Rick, Joyce, Frank, Barb, Howie, and Deb for dinner.  All of us met through LCBC back home.  What a great night of delicious food and great fellowship - we feel so blessed!




We only got back to Wilbur around 7:45, changed, and relaxed to watch the Cowboys/Seahawks game.  I worked on my blog and Ken did some checking on Facebook.

Today Jamie, Lanie, and our 4 granddaughters had a day together as their gifts to each other for Christmas.  They went to a craft place in Lancaster where each of them did a painting and then they went back to Jamie's to order pizza and watch a movie.  It looked like they had a great time together and what a nice thing to do for Christmas instead of gifts, an experience!


Looks like they had a great time and painted some amazing
pictures!!  Love these gals!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment