Wednesday, February 9, 2011

More Fun in Pine Island!!

We will be okay!  Don't Worry!



Windy but mild day on Pine Island.  Probably got to around the mid 70's today.  I played an hour of tennis with Ed again.  Only played 1 set because we had so many deuce games.  But, he was the winner - 6 to 4.  It was a lot of fun.  Then Ken and I decided to take a bike ride to the center of Pine Island.  We rode about 12 miles.  The ride back we were fighting the wind again.  One thing about Pine Island - there is usually a strong breeze that makes riding bike rather challenging.  When we got back from our ride I did a really stupid thing. We park our bikes under the front of our 5th wheel.  I thought I was passed the medal hitch pin, but instead as I stood up I clobbered my head on it.  The force of the hit had me on the ground.  Fortunately, it was not as bad as it sounded or appeared.  I had a cut in the middle of my head, but not deep.  Ken was more upset by it than I was!  What a sweetheart!  Amazingly I didn't get a headache, just a burn from the open cut.



We sat at the pool for about 2 1/2 hours.  Then we met our Canadian friends, Deb and Barry at Woody's for supper and to hear the musical group from the campground, Last Resort play at the Restaurant.  Many people came from the CG to hear the group and dance.  The Big Red Bus from the CG brought a load of people to the Restaurant for the evening.  We got back to the CG at 9:00.
It was a fun evening!



Which pole would you like?
The PA type pole or the
Pine Island style?


                                

No comments:

Post a Comment