Friday, November 15, 2013

Cloudy, Warm Day in Venice!

We woke to a few rays of sunshine and 59 degrees.  In a very short time it was in the 70's.  We enjoyed a delicious cooked breakfast (Ken was busy while I got ready) and then we took a walk around the CG.  It really is a well-maintained CG with so many activities and wonderful facilities for those activities.  I would guess that about 2/3 of the park is permanants with park model homes that have added rooms, porches, and sunrooms.  They all seem to take pride in their homes.

Ken and I decided to play 18 holes of miniature golf here at the park (a nice course) and then some shuffleboard.  Again, Ken won all the games.  I am getting a bit frustrated, cause I know I am better than that!!!!!!  We were back to Willie in time for lunch at 12:45.  We ate outside and then Ken went on his computer to check out our accounts.  I packed up my jewelry "stuff" to get ready to go to a class at Mermaid Design Studio here in Venice.  I took a class from Lynne several years ago and looked forward to having her give me some tips again.  I have been pretty much self taught, so it was great to be able to take a class where just Lynne and I would work together and she would answer my questions by demonstrating how the technique should be done.  She makes all of it look so easy.  I really learned some shortcuts and new ways to do many of the things I do regularly when making my earrings and pendants  So glad I took the class.  Probably will take one more before heading home.




Ken had gone for groceries, cleaned up Willie, and prepped for supper while I was getting instruction.  What a guy.  He picked me up at 5 and we headed back to the CG.  We played a game of Upwards, and I finally won!  Yeah!!!!!  Then we worked together making supper and cleaning up.  This has been a fun-filled day!

I plan to spend the evening practicing the new things I learned today!

No comments:

Post a Comment