Monday, July 4, 2016

4th of July Picnic at Dan and Sue's, Jamie's In-Laws!

Ken was up early and went for a 10,000 step walk before I got up.  After breakfast on the deck, I went for a 5,000 step walk - not quite as ambitious as Ken!

We left at 11:30 to go to Sue and Dan's for their annual 4th of July picnic.  This year there was a smaller group than usual, about 30, but still so much food! Last year there were over double the amount of people.  It was nice to be with Jamie's family today.  Sue and Dan have an in-ground pool, so all the little ones were having a great time!  We appreciated being invited to there celebration each year.

Ken and I left there around 4:15.  Because Ken got up so early, he took a needed rest while I had a great "chat" with Nancy Savage.  It was time for us to "catch up" on each others lives!

Ken left at 6:15 for Celebrate Recovery and I spent the evening downloading more photos and trying to get up-to-date on my blog.  Seems like I have been too busy to do my daily posts.  I watched the 4th of July celebration from DC while working on the computer.

Ken was back by 9:15.  By 10 we were in bed.

This has been a very special weekend for us!  Hope everyone had a great 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment