Wednesday, July 20, 2016

A "Moving Day" at Hershey Preserve

Ken worked on the computer checking out some financial "stuff" while I made us breakfast.  We cleaned up and got ready to go to 9 AM pickleball.  As we were walking to the courts, we noticed that 3 sites in a row at the base of the hill had been vacated this morning and one of them is our favorite site in this CG.  We debated if we wanted to take the time to move and decided we would stay where we were.  As we continued our walk, we both looked back at those 3 sites and at the same time said, "Yes, let's move"!  So, the fun began.

1st I moved our car to the new site so no one took it while we were packing up to move.  I also called the office to make sure it was okay to switch sites.  No problem!  So in 1 1/4 hours we were set-up on our favorite site and so happy we made the move.  After all, we have 11 more days of camping here, so it was a good switcharoo!!!

This site is the best.  No one in front of us and such a great
view of the lake! Plenty of space around us for outdoor games!

Needless to say, there was no time for pickleball this morning but we did make time to put out my 100 feet of rope lighting and it is going to look beautiful if I do say so myself!  Cindy and John stopped by while we were eating lunch outside.  They had gone back home this morning for Cindy's physical therapy appointment.  She got to exercise in the pool today.

Ken and I left around 12:30 to spend the afternoon playing pinochle with my parents - we each won 2 games.  We left around 4:15 and Ken did some grocery shopping while I went to K-Mart with my mother.  We took Mom back to Masonic Homes and we were back to the CG by 6.

Ken grilled salmon, pork chops, and potatoes and I made us salads.  We were able to eat outside.  It really was a gorgeous day with temperatures in the mid 80's and finally, low humidity.  After cleaning up we walked over to Cindy and John's site to play cards and make s'mores using the new square Campfire marshmallows.  They make the best s'mores. We played Racko outside, which Cindy won and had to go in to finish our game of Up the River because it was too dark.  The ladies finally beat the men in that game.

Back to Waldo by 10:30.  It was a very good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment