Friday, July 1, 2016

A Day of Work and then a Parade!

Thursday, Ken was up early and left by 7:30 to meet his friend, Gary, for breakfast.  It was my day to do chores around the house!  But 1st, I enjoyed eating my breakfast on the deck while reading the paper!  You need nourishment before beginning that word, "work"!

I spent about 1 1/2 hours trying to organize and revamp my crafting area so the room didn't look so cluttered.  I was somewhat successful!  Then I began cleaning and scouring the apartment, definitely not my favorite thing to do.  So glad it is a small apartment!!!!

Ken enjoyed doing some errands and stopping by Hostetter Realty to visit some of his realtor friends.  He had a great time talking with Greg (his nephew) and his partner, Carol.  

After a late lunch, I started trying to make pictures using some of the sea glass we had found when we were in Avalon, NJ.  I only got one almost finished.  It takes a while to come up with a design and then finding the right pieces of glass to make the design.  It was probably be more difficult that anticipated.

After grilling dinner and cleaning up, we pulled some weeds out front and then went for a walk.  It was a beautiful evening.  By 9:30 we were in bed reading! We must be getting old!!!!

Friday was another gorgeous, sunny day with low humidity.  Some bad storms were predicted for late afternoon, but it never happened.  It was a beautiful evening.  I left the apartment at 6:30 to have breakfast with my Curvette friends and had a fun time.  Then it was on to Wal-Mart and a local roadside stand for groceries, fruits and veggies.  

Ken was out for a walk when I returned, but he had vacuumed and washed the floors before he left - what a guy!!!  I spent about 3 hours prepping for dinner - Dan and Jackie were coming here to eat with us.

I spent some of the afternoon continuing my work on sea glass pictures.  Ken got a bit frustrated trying to hook-up the new digital TV boxes the cable company sent us.  Eventually we collaborated and got them working.  Why can't they make these "changes" easy????

Dan and Jackie were here by 6 and Ken had grilled salmon and chicken.  We also had salad and sauteed fresh veggies.  Lititz always has a parade (which passes our apartment) on the Friday night before the 4th that is a lot of fun! It lasts about 45 minutes and all the children collect about a gallon bag full of candy by the end of the parade!

Then the 4 of us drove to Lititz Springs Park for a free concert at the band shell by a local 60's group that does such a great job.  They performed for about 1 1/2 hours singing many of our favorite oldies and it was a perfect night to sit outside. By 10:30  we were back home and went to bed.  What a day!

A beautiful band shell for such a small town park!



No comments:

Post a Comment