Tuesday, July 19, 2016

A Fun Day at Hershey Preserve!

Ken and I had gotten to bed fairly late so we didn't get up very early.  It was actually 7:45 when we got out of bed.  We got ready to go to the Pickleball Courts at 9:00, for that is when the CG has Pickleball on their schedule each day.

We got there a little before 9:00 and started hitting.  The 2 of us had fun hitting back and forth and by 9:30 we decided to play some games.  Usually 4 people play, but no one came to the courts.  At 10, Jerry and Diane arrived at the courts and the 4 of us played 3 games.  We had played with them here about 2 years ago and it was good to see them again.  They had lived in PA, but moved to Fort Myers, Florida where they spend 7 months and then travel in their trailer the other 5 months.  After finishing our games we spent time chatting and discovered they are considering buying a motorhome and the Winnebago 33C Sightseer is their 1st choice.  So, we invited them to stop by this evening to check out Waldo.

We only got back to Waldo at noon and ate lunch.  Ken decided to take a walk and I headed to the pool to spend time there with Cindy and John.  It was another very hot, humid day and the pool water felt great.  Unfortunately I forgot to remove my pedometer when I jumped in and even after drying it out, it is not working.  John left the pool around 2:00 and after some more talking, Cindy and I went back to our campsites at 3:00.

After showering, Ken and John went to Camping World and Cindy and I drove to Hobby Lobby.  All of us returned to the CG around 6:15.  Ken and I made salads for dinner and then Jerry and Diane stopped by to tour Waldo.  Cindy and John came around 7:15 and the 6 of us visited.  Jerry and Diane left and Cindy, John, Ken and I played Skip-Bo and Pinochle.  It was a strong winning night for the ladies.

We called it a night around 10.  It was a fun day and I am glad the 4 of us have the opportunity to spend time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment