Monday, July 11, 2016

A Beautiful Less Humid Day!

Ken and I started our morning with devotions and then taking our normal morning walk.  It was a beautiful day!  We ate breakfast on the deck and by 9:15 I was on my way to visit my sister, Cindy!

We live about 20 minutes from each other but rarely do just the 2 of us get together.  We had such a good time and shared so much with each other.  Her husband, John, says we have such a unique relationship.  We are so supportive of each other, never get upset with each other (not that I remember), and are almost always in agreement when decisions have to made with and for our parents! We are blessed!  We spent about 3 hours talking at her house and then another 2 hours enjoying lunch together!  It was special!

I was back home by 4 and Ken and I had a nice time talking about our day.  He had taken a bike ride to Ephrata, about an 8 or 9 mile bike ride but a rather hilly ride.  He ended up stopping at Jamie's for a short time.  He was really tired when he got back to the apartment.  I have tried talking to him about "limits", but somehow he still thinks he is a young guy who should be able to really test himself.  

Ken went to Celebrate Recovery and I made some sea glass pendants.  Had a 45 minute telephone chat with Melissa.  Right now they are in Florida where they got a new air conditioning unit on their motorhome and some blinds repaired.  Hot Florida would not have been their choice of a location for right now, but hopefully they will only be there a short time and then they can head to cooler weather.  I told her our plans for July and August and possible camping plans for September.  We are hoping to meet up somewhere in the next several months, but they do not have any set plans for when they leave Florida.  After our chat I worked on this blog while watching American Ninja Warrior!

It's been a great day!






No comments:

Post a Comment