Sunday, May 28, 2017

A Fun-fFilled Weekend!

Saturday was a milder, mostly sunny day with temperatures near 70.  Ken left by 7:30 to have breakfast with a gentleman who will be his accountability partner for his Next Step class.  After cooking and eating my breakfast I spent time downloading photos and working on our blog.  

Ken was home by 10:30 after having a long chat with a friend, Mike Kapp, about RVing.  Mike and Bonnie recently bought a Class C and are looking for some info on the Albuquerque Balloon Festival.  Mike suggested we get together for breakfast sometime to "pick our brains" for information on RVing and Ken said that might not be a good idea.  He said if I started talking to them I would get so excited that they should probably be packed and ready to be on the road later that day!  I guess I do get rather animated and excited when talking about RV adventures, but we will get together in the near future.

Ken worked at his desk while I got ready to go for a walk.  I am trying to be faithful about walking at least 40 minutes everyday with my SAS.  After our walk, we were able to eat lunch on the deck which was a nice change. Fortunately it was warm enough to be outside!  Ken showered and took a nap while I made salads for dinner and got some snacks ready for tonight when Fred and Doloris are here.

Ken left at 2:30 for his step study.  I spent time preparing to lead our Life Group on our study of the book, Boundaries.  I find it harder to lead the discussion on this book versus The Purpose Driven Life that we completed recently.  

Ken was home by 5 and read on the deck while I did the same inside.  We were able to eat our dinner on the deck too.  Fred and Doloris were here from 6:30 to 10:45 and we had so much fun.  We played Haus (M), Skip-Bo (Women won big time!), and UNO which the women also won.  It was so nice to spend the evening with them.

Sunday was another mild day with on and off sunshine, but probably more clouds than sun.  We went to Church and were very inspired by Jason Mitchell's sermon.  He said the question we always need to ask ourselves before taking action is "What would love lead me to do"?  Wow, that is a thought provoking question and one I need to keep reminding myself.  Neither our Life Group or Jamie and her family were at the Ephrata Church today, so Ken and I went to Olde Hickory Grill for breakfast and then to AC Moore and Michael's for some frames for my seaglass pictures.

We were back home by 1 and stopped to chat with Ginny and Bob who live in our building.  Bob is struggling with some health issues and Ginny is such a wonderful caregiver.  Ken and I both read the newspaper and I did some prep work for doing some more seaglass pictures.  We left at 1:30 to take a long walk to the park.  Today there was a musical presentation by Servant Stage, a group of phenomenal singers who do wonderful performances for "donation only".  Their goal when they started this venture was to perform at places that were accessible to anyone with physical handicaps or financial ones.  What a great service and goal.  They do numerous "shows" throughout the year.  This was the 1st one we have attended and we have become fans.  Many of the singers perform at "Sight and Sound" a musical venue here in Lancaster County that has been compared to shows on Broadway, so you know the singers have to be excellent.  This show was called "The Civil War" and all the songs and the story portrayed through the music was from letters, stories, books, etc. that were actually written by soldiers or their families that were involved with the Civil War.  It was excellent!  During the show, it started to rain and they were going to "cut it short", but they asked the crowd if they wanted to brave the rain and continue with the show.  It was a resounding "yes"!  Fortunately, the showers stopped and the show went on.  Lamar Dourte and his wife sat with us for the show.  Ken and I graduated with Lamar and it was the 1st time we met his wife.  It was nice to chat with them.

All of the singers had phenomenal voices.


This was the finale and the whole cast was part of it!


On our walk back home, the rain started again and by the time we got back, we were very wet!  I don't normally post pictures of myself that are so "unflattering", but you can only appreciate how wet we got by seeing a photo. So, against my better judgement I had included it! 

Oh my golly!  I can't believe I
actually posted this picture!


Ken spent the remainder of the day reading and I did some seaglass pictures. We had salads for dinner and by 9:30 we were in bed.  We must be getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment