Friday, July 28, 2017

Friday was a Fun Day!

For some reason, I had a restless night and was awake for about 1 1/2 hours. So, I wasn't quite ready to "rise and shine" when the alarm went off at 5:45 so I could meet the Curvette ladies for breakfast!  It was nice to spend some time with them.

I was home by 8:30 and Ken had taken a walk and did a great job cleaning up around the apartment.  Then he vacuumed, which is one chore that is very hard on my back.  I did some dusting and reading.  

At 10:45, Rick and Joyce arrived and we spent time chatting before walking to downtown Lititz for have lunch outdoors at Tomato Pie.  All of us really enjoyed our meals and the weather was perfect for eating on their patio.

We walked back to the apartment and then played a long game of double deck Pinochle which the women won.  We are going to miss spending time with them when they leave for their move to Florida next Wednesday.  Fortunately we will be there in the winter and be together frequently.

Ken and I were supposed to go to an invitational swim meet tonight in which Bria and Cali will participate.  But, tonight's events, the relays, are postponed until tomorrow after the individual events due to rain and storms.  

The Ephrata Team had their end of the season banquet on Tuesday and Cali got the award for the most points scored by an 8 and under swimmer and Bria got the same recognition for 10 and under.  They really had an amazing season! Jamie was recognized for all the hard work she did for the team throughout the season!

I talked to Doloris and the 4 of us will get together tomorrow evening to play cards.  I think we have only been together 2 times since we returned from Florida and we miss seeing them.  Ken and I spent the evening watching TV and just relaxing.  We never got the strong storms with heavy rain that were predicted, but it still was a good thing they postponed the swim meet!


No comments:

Post a Comment