Thursday, July 27, 2017

Work and Fun on Wednesday!

We both did some reading Wednesday morning and then I made breakfast for Ken since he was going to work at MCC.  He left at 8.

I did a load of wash, got ready for the day, and then decided to make a few more cards.  I can't believe how long it takes me to find the right paper combinations, stamps, and colors to use.  It really is a time consuming craft!  I also recorded our expenses and did some clean-up.

I placed a call to our brother-in-law, Dwane, who recently discovered he has a mass on his colon that is malignant.  Ken had talked to his sister, Priscilla, last evening, but I wanted to share some of my thoughts with Dwane.  We had a nice conversation and he had just received a call from his Dr. that all the additional scans they had done came back negative - what a relief.  The cancer is in the very early stage and should respond well to surgery.  

Ken was back home by 12:30 and we enjoyed lunch on the balcony.  Ken took a nap while I worked on this blog.  He does a lot of "back breaking" work at MCC and tonight we are meeting Cindy and John again to play pickleball.  He needed to rest, because we also wanted to take a walk this afternoon.  We did take a 40 minute walk that went well.

After dinner, we met Cindy and John at the pickleball courts at 6:15 and played until 8:15.  It was a great night to play - no humidity, lower temperature, and not a lot of sun.  We had so much fun!  Than we went to Wendy's for their 50 cent Frostys.  We treated Cindy and John!!!  Imagine that!  We went to bed after showers and did some reading.

Thursday morning Ken met Gary for breakfast while I got ready at home and made a few more cards.  He stopped at a local roadside stand for some delicious fruits and veggies with some of them going to Mom and Dad.  I drove to Lititz Springs Park to meet  Doloris Martinwho was there with her granddaughters, Faye and Autumn.  I hadn't seen Doloris for quite awhile, so it was fun to reconnect and to spend time with her adorable granddaughters.

After lunch, we went to Masonic Village where we played Pinochle with Mom and Dad from 1 to 5.  The men won 3 of the 4 games, but we had a lot of fun!  On the way there I had checked on Cindy, because she had cataract surgery this morning.  She is doing well!

Ken and I had salads for dinner, watched the news, and then went for a walk around 7:30 for about 45 minutes.  It is nice to walk at night.  Showers needed again, some icing of my back, and we were in bed by 9:30.  It was a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment