Monday, June 11, 2018

Monday - We Kept on the Move!

It had rained a lot during the night and there were still some lingering showers this morning.  All in all, it was a cool day, but the sun did appear by late afternoon.

After our morning routine, Ken and I left at 8:15 for my appointment with Dr. Oliverie, my orthopedist.  I had only seen him 1 time and he wanted to meet to discuss my MRI and to evaluate my response to physical therapy.  He was not surprised by anything he saw on the MRI but I told him I wondered if we shouldn't x-ray my hip, since that seems to be the major source of my pain and I wasn't convinced that it was all coming from my back.  He thought it would be a good idea to get an x-ray of my pelvis.

Well, the x-ray did reveal that my hip has a spur on the 1 side and on the bottom plus some arthritis.  We are not at the point where a hip replacement is needed, but he did give me a cortisone injection and ordered a prescription for a pain and anti-inflammatory medicine that you only take 1X a day and it will not bother your stomach, etc.  I am not sure if I am a cockeyed optimist, but I was encourage to know that there actually is something wrong with my hip and hopefully the pain and motion can be improved.  I would love to be able to do some distance walking again!  He also wrote an additional transcript for my physical therapy to include working with my hip and not just my core!  Time will tell!

We made another trip to Wal-Mart for a few frozen items we couldn't get yesterday and somethings my mother requested.  Back home by 12:30 for lunch.  Ken read and relaxed while I did my devotions.  I didn't do my exercises because of the cortisone shot.  He recommended taking it easy today and putting ice on the area.  I also repainted the frame for the photos of our hike up Angel's Landing.  The color I spray painted it just wasn't "right", so I found an acrylic color that was much better match, so now it was time to use a brush!

We left at 4 to go and stay with Samantha and Katelyn while Lanie and Bob went out to dinner to celebrate their 18th wedding anniversary!  How can we possibly have a daughter who has been married that long?????  It just doesn't seem possible!

We chatted with Lanie outside while watching Samantha roller skate and Katelyn climb trees, etc. 

Samantha just got her skates today
at the Thrift Shop!


This gal loves to climb!

After Lanie and Bob left, we took Samantha and Katelyn to September Farms for dinner.  Ken and I had never been there and what a surprise.  It is a beautiful newer building on a farm where they make their own cheeses (so many varieties) and also homemade ice cream.  You can also get sandwiches, breakfast, soup, wraps, etc. and all of the food was absolutely delicious.


September Farm is only about 7 miles from Lanie's!

A Beautiful Store!

These containers had samples of their many types of
homemade cheeses!

So many kinds to choose from!

They make homemade cheese rolls....

....and delicious homemade ice cream!

We ate out dinner on the large covered porch!


Back to their house where Ken went outside to be with Samantha while she roller skated and I stayed indoors and played games with Katelyn.  Later the 4 of us played Uno until Lanie and Bob returned. Then they gave us a brief concert with their recorders!   It certainly was a fun evening and we were glad we could give Bob and Lanie the opportunity to go out to dinner, just the 2 of them!

In their school district they are given these recorders when in
3rd grade and they play them at the Spring Concert!  Samantha's
was from school, but  Katelyn purchased her's today at a local
thrift shop and she was so excited about her choice!


We were home by 9:45 and it was off to bed to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment