Thursday, June 21, 2018

Thursday - Cloudy, Rainy Morning Followed by Sunshine!

Ken was up early after a rather "rough night" of being awake quite often.  He spent time reading and doing devotions.  I did my stretches in bed and was up by 7 to watch the beginning of the morning news.  Then it was time to get ready to go to physical therapy.

I was there by 9 and Megan did work mainly on my back.  I am still having so many spasms whenever I bend, even just a little.  She gave me another exercise to do at home and some suggestions on how to bend properly.  I certainly hope it helps because the "shock type pain" can take my breath away!  Fortunately I don't have it when in bed or sitting.

I was back home by 10 and Ken had returned from a long walk and going to a local roadside stand for some fruit.  I did a load of wash and we continued getting some items ready to take to Wilbur.  It was too hot to load until this evening.  

After lunch, we left to spend the afternoon with Mom and Dad playing pinochle.  The men won the 1st game, we won the second, and then the men won the 3rd.  The women were ahead in the 4th game, but we didn't get to finish that one.

We were back home by 5 and it was time to get serious about loading and packing for the camping adventure with our granddaughters.  Because of my back "situation", Ken didn't want me helping to load, so I cleaned up the kitchen and did some organizing of the things that needed to be loaded.  I really have trouble not getting upset when Ken makes so many trips back and forth.  I dislike feeling like an "invalid", but I know he only wants to help me control the back spasms.  What a guy!

We had some of the white chicken chili for dinner that I had froze several weeks ago.  It was a "treat"!  By 7:30 we had loaded most of the items we feel we can put in Wilbur tonight.  Ken did run the air in Wilbur off of the generator, but it is still so warm inside.  Maybe when the sun goes down we can put things in the pantry.  We shall see!

We watched some TV while I continued working on the card holders.  At 9 we finished taking food items to Wilbur and it appears that almost everything is out, in its place, and we should be ready to go!

We were in bed by 9:30, did some reading, and turned out the lights by 10.  Delaware Water Gap, here we come!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment