Friday, June 29, 2018

Thursday and Friday - Back Home!

Ken was up very early after a very restless night of sleep.  Actually was up by 4:15 but had been awake awhile before that!  I did my stretches in bed and got up at 6:45 to get ready for the day.  Ken had left me a note that he went for a walk.

He showered and left by 7:30 to meet Gary for breakfast.  I went to physical therapy at 9:15 and all went well.  I told Megan that I had no pain when hiking in the Poconos and she really wasn't surprised.  My back probably likes the up and down and unevenness of the hiking much more than walking on a sidewalk.  I also told her my hip is feeling great but my back still goes into a spasm when I make a quick movement or bend to pick something up.  So, she did a lot of work on my back.

Ken was home when I returned and he did some work at his desk while I "caught up" on my devotions.  Somehow I had gotten behind on our camping trip.

After lunch, we drove to Masonic Village and spent the afternoon playing pinochle with Mom and Dad.  Having missed last week, it was fun to be with them again and they were so excited to be playing cards.  It was a horrible day for the women, for we just couldn't win a game.  The men won the 3 we played but we were ahead by 1 point when we had to stop the 4th game.  Mom and I had the worst hands most of the afternoon!

Ken and I stopped at Subway for dinner and then went right to the CV Pool to spent the evening watching Bria and Cali's swim meet.  In the 2 events they each swam, the placed 2nd and then both of their relays came in 1st.  It was a great night for them considering their busy week.  They had field hockey camp Monday thru Thursday from 8 to noon and then swim practice each day also.  Wow, that family keeps so busy!

We were home by 9 and it was off to bed for these folks to do some reading and then to dreamland!

Today, Friday, we were both up by 5:30 so Ken could do his reading and I left by 6:20 to have breakfast with my Curvette ladies!  It was nice to spent time with them and "catch up" on life.  

Ken drove Wilbur to his storage area and I met him there at 8.  Then it was off to Jamie's for Ken to get a much needed haircut!  Bria was already at swim practice (7:45 to 9:30 each morning), so I had fun talking with Cali, Jamie and Dane.  We left there at 9:00 and stopped to get some homegrown strawberries before getting back to the house.  We were so excited to have the rest of the day with nothing scheduled!

I decided to paint some large rocks with inspiration sayings that could be placed in a flowerbed and was pleased with the results.  The rocks we got on our camping trip are great!  Ken spent all the time at his desk getting organized for our trip to Canada to visit Barry and Deb and then Ernie and Noela.  We are really looking forward to our time with them.  He made phone calls to our credit card companies and to our phone provider making sure there was nothing special we had to do while out of the US.

Ken decided to go for a walk while I had lunch, because he is fasting today.  More time in our office this afternoon and then he decided to rest while I worked on this blog.  I did a bit more rock painting and then made a Cafe Steamer for my dinner, since Ken is not eating!  Then we took a 2 mile walk to the downtown area.  It was a tough one for me.  How could walking in the woods go so well, but the shorter walk to downtown be so hard?  I really was uncomfortable and that included my hip - rather disappointing!  Hopefully it was just a one time thing!!!

When we returned I worked on some card holders while watching America Ninja Warrior.  I also completed my 5th afghan for Knots for Love.  I am really enjoying being creative with different craft projects, most of which I plan to give away!  Nice not having the pressure of getting ready for craft shows, at least for now.  Not sure what the future holds!

Ken was in bed by 10:15, but I only went around 11.  A little time for reading before turning off the light!  It certainly was a relaxing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment