Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Tuesday - A Positively Gorgeous Day!

Today offered plenty of sunshine, temperatures in the 70's, and lower humidity, so perfect for pickleball playing!  Ken was up at his usual early hour.  I did my stretches and then cut-up fruit for our oatmeal breakfast.  We were at Cindy and John's site by 8:50 and the 4 of us headed to the pickleball courts.  

When everyone had arrived, we had 9 players, so we all had the opportunity to play lots of games.  I really appreciate how much I am learning this week by playing with new folks.  I feel like I have gotten more aggressive and position myself much better on the courts!  I still have a long way to go, but I now know somethings I need to work on if I want to improve!  We played from 9 until 12:30 and had such a great time!

We sat over at Cindy and John's chatting for about 45 minutes and then back to Wilbur to have lunch outside.  Ken showered and rested while I did my devotions, made a few phone calls, worked on the blog, and did my exercises.  Then it was my turn to shower.

Ken had a long phone conversation with Ernie while I started salads for dinner.  Then he finished them while I did some crocheting.  Jackie, a friend from back home, called and brought me up to date on the selling of their home in Ephrata.  It was only on the market for 3 or 4 days before it was sold with an amazing contract!  Jackie and Dane will be building a condo in a community near us in Lititz.  We can hardly wait to have them for "neighbors".

We ate our dinner outside and then Cindy and John came over and we played 2 games of Pinochle and each of us won 1.  The game of Skip-Bo was not a good one for us ladies.  The men beat us decisively.  Cindy and John had some leftover tape for wrapping the handles of pickleball paddles and because both Ken and mine were coming apart, John wrapped them for us.  I bet we will be amazing on the courts tomorrow!!!!

They left at 9:30 and made a trip to Wal-Mart.  I worked on this blog and by 10 we were in bed.

We are enjoying our time here so much and it definitely feels like a vacation!  Without having a car, the CG being a part of our Zone Pass, and spending almost all our time in the CG (we only ate out 1 time!), this is certainly proving to be a very "cheap" vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment