Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Wednesday - Time to Head Home!

For some reason, I had another restless night being awake over 1 1/2 hours in the middle of the night!  The girls were up by 7 after a good night's sleep.  

The requested more pancakes, so that is what Grandma made for breakfast.  I cleaned up while Ken disconnected the hoses and water.  We have gotten so much smarter when packing to go home.  We now put almost everything in those large Camping World bags (food, clothing, shoes, books, etc) and load everything in the car.  That way when we get home we can park in front of the apartment and not have so much walking to do.  Also, bags are much easier to carry up the steps than boxes!  

We hooked up the CRV and were on our way home by 10:15.  We allowed the girls to play on the tablets during the drive and they did well sharing and exchanging tablets every so often!  We met Lanie at the shopping area at Wyomissing at 12:30, after an uneventful trip - hallelujah!  It did "drizzle" most of the drive, but not major slowdowns. 

Ken and I decided to have lunch there at Anthony's Coal Oven Pizza and boy was it delicious.  Definitely the type of pizza that Ken and I really enjoy!  We were home by 2:30 and the fun of unloading began.  Again, we had everything in the CRV, so it was a much easier process.  Actually Ken did the unloaded and I put everything in its proper place as he brought the bags in!

After all that was finished, I put in 2 loads of wash and spent about 2 hours editing and downloading photos (and there were a lot of them) and then working on the blog.  Ken did his homework for his Step Study.  By 7:30 the wash was folded and the sheets and towels ready to go back to Wilbur.

We had a wonderful time with our granddaughters but it is time for some rest and relaxation!  I am so thankful for our adventure with them and that my back cooperated so well on all the long hikes.  It was amazing!

Just a little side note.  I got a call from the founder of Knots of Love to thank me for the 4 premie baby afghans I had sent last week.  She said they were great and I shouldn't change anything.  They always let you know where the blankets go so they went to South Dakota, 2 to Arizona, and one to the state of Washington to neonatal units!  There was also a package waiting for me when I got home to thank me again and welcomed me to the Knots of Love Family!  I am impressed and looking forward to doing more crocheting for them.

I watched a little TV and was in bed by 9:15!

No comments:

Post a Comment