Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Wednesday - Off and On Cloudy Day, But Warm!

After our normal early morning routine, Ken left at 8 for his volunteer work at the Mennonite Resource Center.  I decided it was time to clean and scour the apartment, so I did a little before breakfast and then continued afterwards.  

I had to head to the Women's Pavilion at Wellspan Hospital for my 11:45 mammogram appointment - how exciting!  I really was only there about 10 minutes and after some "compression", I was on my way!  I decided to stop at Jamie's to visit her and the girls.  They were just arriving back home when I got there.  Ken stopped by after his job so we all had a nice time "catching up" on the weekend and the last several days.  


Ken went right home, but I stopped at a local roadside market for some homegrown strawberries - so good!  I was back by 1:30 and we had lunch.  Ken did some reading while I finally put the frame together with the pictures from our hike up Angel's Landing at Zion National Park.  One of the most thrilling and terrifying things I have ever done and I love having the adventure documented with 7 photos that are framed.  What memories!  Then I finished my dusting and scouring - hallelujah, because cleaning is one of my least favorite jobs.  Tomorrow the dust will be back!  How does that happen?


I got a call from the Women's Health Center and my 3D Mammogram was fine - another Hallelujah!  I didn't have one since 2014, so I was thrilled everything was fine!  I don't know why I wait so long between testings, but I think it has something to do with my anxiety when awaiting test results.  I really need to work on that!!!!

I did a little rock painting and then Ken and I made salads.  After prepping the salmon and pork chop for the grill, we realized the gas tanks for the grill were in Wilbur.  So glad I kept my small George Foreman!  Ken put his salmon in the oven.  


I did my exercises and after dinner, we played 2 rounds of Hand and Foot with Ken leading by 2,000 points!  Wow!  Ken did some reading on the balcony while I worked on this blog.


I spent time watching American Ninja Warrior while working on another plastic card holder.


 Just an insight into what goes on at Ken's volunteer job.  Today they had a special time.  Workers at the Mennonite Resource Center gathered to dedicate and pray for a container of canned turkey going to a Pediatric Hospital in North Korea.   1000 cases, 24,000 cans leaving for Canada --through the Panama Canal to China by August and then another 10 to 14 days to North Korea.  Ken feels so blessed to help in a small way baling clothes that are sold to help pay the $9000. it costs to ship the meat.  The way the Mennonites give of their time to help the less fortunate is amazing and so many of the volunteers are in their 70's and 80's.  



The meat cases are loaded on a truck!

The workers gathered to bless the meat and the people who will
receive it!


Off to bed by 10.  It's been a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment