Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Wednesday - Gorgeous, Less Humid Day!

Ken was up by 5:45 and was busy reading when I "came alive" at 6:30.  I did my stretches and then got ready for the day.  I called my sister and told her I  realize I should not play pickleball today due to the ongoing spasms in my back.  Yesterday at the Mission I bent to get something out of a box and I got that nerve pain that made it hard for me to stand up.  So, I know pickleball today would not be a smart thing to do, but I was disappointed.  Also, we hope to do hiking at the Delaware Water Gap with our granddaughters and I don't want to jeopardize being able to do that. Our schedule is rather full until we leave on Friday morning, so that would make life easier until then!

Ken and I left at 8 and I dropped him off at the Resource Center (couldn't have done that if I went to Hershey to play pickleball) and then headed to Wal-Mart for the remainder of the items needed for our trip.  Back home by 10 to work on this blog and e-mail a list of items to Lanie and Jamie that our granddaughters should bring with them while camping.   Then back to Ephrata to pick up Ken and go to the storage area to get Wilbur!  So good to have him back home again!

Ken read and rested and then met one of the young men Ken encourages for coffee.  I put my clothes in Wilbur and a few other items.  When Ken returned we loaded a few more things and then Ken grilled chicken for dinner and we also had salads and quinoa.    After cleaning up, Ken did some reading while I started making a few more card holders while watching the World of Dance.  

We were in bed by 11 to do some reading.  Tomorrow we will spend more time loading for our camping adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment