Friday, June 15, 2018

Thursday and Friday - Gorgeous Days!

It was in the 60's with extremely low humidity and a balmy breeze when we got up - positively beautiful!  We did our morning routine and I left at 8:45 for my physical therapy.  We are focusing more on my hip right now, but also continuing the back exercises.

It returned by 9:45 and Ken had worked at his desk after finishing his reading.  I did some additional cleaning around the house and a load of wash.  We ate an early lunch and left for Masonic Village at 12:15 to play cards with Mom and Dad.  We actually played 5 games of pinochle and the men were the victors winning 3 of them.  It was a fun afternoon.  Ken and I feel blessed at how well both of them are doing.  Mom has recovered well from her bout with pneumonia and Dad just keeping "ticking"!  They are at a great place both physically and mentally and all 4 of us are thankful!

Ken and I returned home and had leftovers for dinner.  He did more reading outdoors while I worked on the cardholders I am making as gifts.  It was a relaxing and nice evening!  We went to bed early because we were both looking to get up "at the crack of dawn"!

Today, Friday, was a repeat of yesterday's weather - just beautiful.  We were both up by 5:15 and got ready for our day.  I even had time to shower and do my stretches before leaving at 6:25 to meet my Curvette ladies for breakfast.  There were only 5 of us but we had a very nice time together.  Thank you, Polly, for treating us to breakfast!  Ken had breakfast with his mentor (does that 1X per month) at a restaurant nearby!

I left there and went to Wal-Mart and then to AC Moore in Lancaster for a few items needed for some of my craft projects.  Ken and I met in the parking lot and rode together to downtown Lancaster to help at the Food Pantry at the Water Street Mission.  Ken had worked there on Tuesday, but it was my 1st time.  What a great experience with a wonderful crew of volunteers, the people who come to get food, and the lady who is in charge!  We were there from 10 to 12:15 and look forward to being able to help a lot more!  

Back to the house to have lunch on the balcony and then Ken vacuumed while I worked on this blog.  I decided to paint some rocks and then we worked together making salads and cleaning up the kitchen.  Ken helped me box up the 4 premie baby afghans I had crocheted for Knots of Love.  I really enjoy making them and they are distributed for free to families who have premie babies.  They are only 18 by 24 and look so very small.   I will receive a message as to where they go and I believe who receives them.  I just hope they meet all the criteria, because I would like to continue making them. 




I did my exercises and after dinner, we decided to walk downtown.  Ken's achilles was feeling better and I wanted to test my back and hip.  Both of us did fairly well.  I had very little pain in my hip but now my shin and thigh are acting up.  What is a person to do????  It is getting a bit crazy!!!!!

We sat on our favorite bench in front of one of the downtown shoppes and had a nice time chatting with an older couple from Penn State who are hoping to move to the Lititz area.  Then as we passed the Suttor Inn, I realized that our friends, Fred and Doloris, were sitting at one of the outside tables enjoying dinner.  So, I reached over her shoulder to "steal" her lemon!  We had a nice time chatting and then invited them back to our house when they were finished with their meal.  So, they came to visit from 8:30 to 11 - no cards tonight, just catching up on life!

Ken and I went right to bed when they left and didn't even read!  It was off to dreamland!!

No comments:

Post a Comment