Thursday, July 12, 2018

Back to the Good Old USA!

Ken was awake by 4:45, did some reading, and then we were all up by 5:45.  We got ready for our departure and Ken loaded the car.  By 6:15 we were all in the kitchen to have our hot drinks, chat and reflect on our time together, before saying our good-bys at 6:45.  It was not easy to leave these special friends who showed us such a wonderful time!

We stopped for gas 1 time before arriving at the border and got to customs around 9:30.  The border guard was very friendly and probably amazed when we had nothing to declare.  We did not buy a single souvenir - wow!  We were through there in a little over 5 minutes!

We stopped at a Denny's in Waterford, NY for breakfast around 10:15 and by then we were very hungry!  We had 1 additional stop for gas and another to get drinks at a McDonald's, arriving in Lititz at 5:15.  It was an uneventful trip, the kind we like!

We unloaded rather quickly (so much less "stuff" when it is a road trip vs. taking Wilbur!) and had everything in its proper place by 6:15.  We watched the news and then I worked on this blog while Ken took a walk.  Seems strange not to be playing cards with Ernie and Noela!  Noela and I would have won, I am sure!

I had some great phone conversations while traveling today with Lanie, Joyce in Florida, and my sister.  Also did some messaging with Noela and almost finished crocheting another baby afghan for Knots of Love. 

Got a phone call from my mother that the president of the Manheim Historical Society, in which both of my parents were very active for many years, want to pay for transportation to have them brought to the Railroad Station to see what additional work has been done since they have moved from Manheim.  Dad did a lot of construction work in the station plus was 1 of 3 men who rebuilt the trolley car that runs on a short track in front of the station.  Mother was a tour guide at the station for numerous years telling folks historical facts about the area.  Both Mom and Dad are so excited for this opportunity.  I will be the coordinator between Masonic Village and the Historical Society to make this happen in the very near future.  

I did some "catching up" on my devotions before going to bed around 9.  It has been a long driving day and a very busy, but amazing week in Canada!  Thanks to Barry, Deb, Ernie, and Noela for making our road trip such a special one!  You are the best!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment