Saturday, July 28, 2018

Friday and Saturday - Hot and Humid with Heavy Rain Friday Night!

Well, it was our usual Friday.  We were both up early and by 6:20 I was on my way to Ephrata to have breakfast with the Curvette ladies.  There were 6 of us who went to the Pancake Farm and I enjoyed their delicious fresh  French blueberry pancakes, which meant they were more like a crepe than a pancake - so good!

I stopped at a local produce stand to get some bananas, a watermelon and fresh blueberries for at home.  We always enjoy the fresh blueberries from New Jersey that are available here in July.  Ken had left around 7:20 to stop by Jamie's with our recycleables and to visit for a short time before meeting Gary for breakfast.

Ken did some "catching up" on facebook and I cut-up the watermelon before leaving at 10:15 to deliver for Meals on Wheels.  We did the Brickerville route today which was one we had never done before.  Enjoyed meeting some new clients and the drive on country roads that we unfamiliar to us.  We only got back to the church around noon.

We stopped for the ingredients I need for making a dessert to take to our small group meeting on Sunday.  Home for lunch and Ken did some reading while I spent time at my desk making some greeting cards, something I hadn't done for quite a long time.

There was supposed to be a swim meet tonight for district championship relays for the teams that qualified, but it was postponed early afternoon because of heavy rain and storms that were predicted for late afternoon.  It did "pour" around 6:15, the time the meet was supposed to start and there was also some thunder.  Good it was postponed.  So, that gave us a free evening!

I had thawed some white bean chicken chili I had made earlier so that was our dinner and it was very good if I must say so myself.  After cleaning up, we played 2 rounds of Hand and Foot and Ken has a huge lead.  I went back to my desk to do more card making while Ken wrote a letter to one of his "buddies" and did some e-mails.

I did some crocheting later while watching Blue Bloods, one of Ken and my favorite shows.  Unfortunately it comes on too late for these older folks to watch very often.  We both got involved at the beginning of the show and ended up watching the whole thing, only heading to bed at 11.  Not much reading tonight!

Today, Saturday, Ken was up before me as I only rose when the alarm went off at 6:30.  We got ready, ate breakfast, and I did my stretches and exercises before leaving for the swim meet at 8:15.  Because the relays were rained out last night, the individual swims were 1st followed by the relays.  It was cloudy and rather foggy when we arrived, but by 10 it was so sunny, hot and humid.  

Bria and Cali both qualified for backstroke and butterfly and did well.  There was about a 1 1/2 hour break between the morning and afternoon sessions, so Ken and I left at 12:30, realizing that we would only get to see one of their 4 relays if we stayed, because Ken had his Step Study at 3.


Bria is in the 3rd lane!

Cali is the 2nd from this end with her arm in the air!


We ate lunch and I did my devotions and worked on this blog while Ken read and rested.  He left at 2:30 for his class and I played some games on my tablet - I don't go overboard, but I do play more than I should!!!  I headed to my craft area and enjoyed making some cards.

Ken was home by 5 and we decided to go out to dinner at The Deck, an outside eatery in Ephrata, something we rarely do when it is just the 2 of us.  We both really enjoy their wraps and quesidillas and tonight was no exception!  They were delicious!

From there we went to visit Wilbur to get a few things that we need to take to the shore next week and also to return other items.  Then it was on to Dairy Queen (another thing we rarely do) for an ice cream treat.  We were back home by 7:30, after stopping to see the progress on the building of Dan and Jackie's home here in Lititz that they plan to move into around October.  It is going to be a great location and home for them and they will be close by.

Ken and I played an entire game of Hand and Foot (4 rounds) and he was victorious AGAIN!  What am I doing wrong???  He wins way to many times!

I worked on some card holders while Ken did some reading.  I did watch some of the Phillies game even though I am not an avid fan!  We were in bed by 10:15, read, and then lights out!



1 comment:

  1. Just got caught up with you! I had been thinking about you and your trip to Canada. I did not realize that you went in just the car...nice way to travel for a change. Glad all is well!

    ReplyDelete