Thursday, July 26, 2018

Wednesday and Thursday - Some Rain and Then Sun and Increased Humidity!

Ken and I completed our normal morning routines, ate breakfast, and by 8 he left to go to his job at MCC. He went out on the truck today to pick up surplus items at numerous Thrift Shops.  While gone, he missed them dedicating and praying over a container of food, cleaning, school and hygiene kits, and comforters that is being shipped to Haiti. 



I spent most of the time he was gone doing some crafting, reading, and making a trip to the post office to mail some notes that will be delivered to Samantha next week when she is at camp.

Ken was home by 12:15 and after we ate lunch, he did some reading and resting.  I continued crafting including some crocheting and rock painting.  Also had a nice phone conversation with Jane Good who is part of our church Life Group.  It was a rather relaxing day, especially for me.

Ken had a dentist appointment at 5:10 and only returned at 6:30.  While he was gone, I made salads for tonight and tomorrow night and cleaned the kitchen.  Ken grilled hamburgs for dinner and after cleaning up, we played 2 rounds of Hand and Foot.  I was winning by about 500 points but the game will be continued tomorrow.

I crocheted while watching World of Dance and by 10 we were in bed to do some reading.  Nice to have a day where I had time to craft!!!

Today, Ken met one of his buddies for breakfast and after doing my morning routine I went to my 10:10 dentist appointment.  Ken had spent some time at his desk and when I returned, we ate an early lunch and then left at 12 to go to play cards with Mom and Dad.

What a fun afternoon of card playing and quite a victorious one for the ladies.  We won 3 of the 4 games!  There was lots of laughter and "picking" on each other.  We left at 4:30 and came right home.

Ken grilled salmon and a pork chop, plus we had quinoa and salad.  So good!!!  We watched the news, cleaned up, and then finished our game of Hand and Foot.  I was the winner - Yeah!

Ken did some reading and checking out things on his phone while I finished this blog and did some crocheting.

Hard to imagine, but it didn't rain today and we actually saw the sun - what a phenomena!  It was extremely hot and very humid and there is a possibility of some storms in the area tomorrow.  Bria and Cali qualified for League Relays tomorrow night, so we will have to see if the weather cooperates.

No comments:

Post a Comment