Monday, July 23, 2018

Monday - Off and On Cloudy Day, but Warm!

Ken was up by 5:45 but I only appeared about 7:30 after completing my exercises and stretches.  Sometimes this morning routine can be a "drag"!  We got ready, ate breakfast and then Ken spent time at his desk.  I did my devotions, some extra reading and then worked on the blog.

At 10:30 we headed to the Water Street Mission to serve lunch to their guests. It was good we were there today, because they really were short handed.  It was a busy day with many lunches served.  We also helped clean up including sweeping the dining hall and then Ken helped wash the floor.

We stopped at the Christmas Tree Shoppe on the way home to pick up the kitchen cart I had ordered last week.  We were back home by 2:15 and we unpacked the unassembled cabinet.  Ken left at 2:45 to meet one of his young men that he helps mentor for coffee here in Lititz.  I spent time at my desk painting the background coats on several rocks.  Then I started to make some more card holders until Ken returned.

He immediately started putting the cabinet together while I made salads and quinoa for dinner.  While we were working, the heavy rains continued off and on.  That's how it was most of the day and it was very hot and humid.  Hershey Park was actually closed today because of high water throughout the park.  We have had more rain in the last 48 hours than we normally get for the whole month of July, so consequently there is a lot of creeks and rivers overflowing!

I had to make the chicken indoors since grilling wasn't a possibility.  After eating, Ken finished assembling the cart and it looks great!  It is a welcomed addition to our kitchen.



Ken did some reading and I continued working on the card holders while watching American Ninja Warrior.  At 10 it was off to bed.

We certainly needed the rain, but it is predicted to stay around for the rest of the week.  Hey, enough is enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment