Saturday, July 14, 2018

Friday and Saturday - Beautiful Warm, Sunny Days

Ken and I were up by 5:15 and we both got ready for the day.  I left at 6:15 to meet my Curvette ladies for breakfast while Ken was doing his devotions.  It was great to see the gals again and we had a good time laughing and sharing.

Ken met Gary at the same restaurant at 8 for breakfast, so we saw each other in passing!  I decided to go to Green Dragon to get fruit, produce, and bologna for my dad.  By 9:15, we were both back home.  

I washed and cut-up fruit while Ken worked at his desk and then we left for Costco for much needed groceries and paper supplies.  Back home by 12 and by the time we had everything in its proper place, we were ready for lunch.  We were both feeling rather tired from the early "get up" time, so we rested.  Ken made salads for dinner while I did some work on the computer, but I did do the dishes and kitchen clean-up.  He decided to go for a long walk, something I would love to do, but with my back and leg, it just isn't possible right now.  I did some counted x-stitch and my exercises.

Ken grilled fish, pork chop and chicken and we also had corn on cob, the 1st of the season!  After watching the evening news, we walked to downtown Lititz for "2nd Friday" when most of the shops are open and there are musicians playing throughout the area.  We stopped to listen to several of the groups and they were very entertaining.  Back home by 8:45 and I did more x-stitch while we watched American Ninja Warrior.  We were in bed by 10.

Today, Saturday, was another gorgeous day with a nice breeze if you were in the shade.  Ken was up by 5:45 but I only appeared around 6:30 after doing my stretches and several of my exercises.  After breakfast we were on our way to Bria and Cali's swim meet in Manheim arriving at 7:50.  Bria's age group swam from 8 to 11:15 and then Cali from 1:00 to 3:30.  We spent a lot of the time sitting on the metal bleaches watching the swimmers and chatting with Jamie, Dane, the girls, and Sue and Dan. Dane did a 25 meter freestyle in the men's group of 15 to 99!  He was pleased with his time and his multi pink suit and swim cap were a hit!!!!  We did get to sit in the shade between the morning and afternoon sessions.  We saw all of Bria's events, but only 3 of Cali's before we had to leave at 1:45 so Ken could be at his Step Study class by 3.  Both of us were rather tired from all that time in the heat and sunshine.

Bria came in 4th in Butterfly and she is the youngest in her age group!

Dane is ready for his big swim in his "pink"!

Cali is ready for start of her swim competition!


Ken left by 2:40 and I worked on this blog, x-stitched, and did some devotions. I also watched the finals of the ladies Wimbledon match which I really enjoyed.  Not a great match for Serena, but after all, she just became a mommy 10 months ago!  Ken was home by 5:40 and we had salads with leftover meat and fresh corn - so good.  We watched the news and then took a walk downtown, including a stop for some delicious, homemade chocolate covered strawberry ice cream - YUM!  It was a gorgeous evening for a walk. 

When we got back, it was time for 2 rounds of Hand and Foot.  We ended with less than a 500 point difference.  We will have to finish the game tomorrow.  I downloaded some photos and finished this blog.  Off to bed at 9:45 to do some reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment