Sunday, July 1, 2018

Saturday and Sunday - What a Hot Weekend!

Ken was up early to do his devotions and actually took a 3 mile walk before I got out of bed.  I did my stretches and then we both had breakfast and got ready to go to Bria and Cali's Invitational Swim Meet here in Lititz.

We got there at 8:45 and it was already so hot and humid!  The metal bleachers to watch the events were in the sun and sweating occurred rather quickly.  In between their events, we were able to go back to our chairs, which were in the shade to cool off in the little bit of a breeze that appeared every once in a while.  Ken and I had a nice time chatting with Jamie, Dane, the girls, and parents of other swimmers.  I also had a great phone conversation with Joyce, a great friend who now lives in Florida.  Talking to her reminds me again how much I miss spending time with her and Rick.

We watched most of Bria and Cali's events, but by 12:30 we felt it was time to leave, missing just their last 2 swims.  We were very hot and "drained" when we got back home.

We ate lunch and then Ken rested while I went to the grocery store for a few items I need for our family picnic tomorrow.  That should be another very hot day!

Ken left at 2:30 for his step study and I spent that time doing devotions, playing on my tablet (such a waste of time but I do enjoy it), and then working on this blog.  I had a nice long conversation with Noela discussing our lives and then finalizing plans for our arrival at their house next Sunday.  We are all excited to get together again!

When Ken returned we made salads for dinner and I got a condiment tray together to take to the Althouse picnic tomorrow.  Ken grilled chicken and Mahi and after we finished eating, we took a walk to the downtown area.  The walk for me went better than the previous one, but I still had some discomfort.

We only got back at 8:30 and decided to play 2 rounds of Hand and Foot.  I am ahead by a huge margin - it's about time!!!  By than it was 9:15 and time to go to bed.  Good Night!!!

Today, Sunday, Ken finished his reading till I got up around 6:30.  I had time to do both my stretches and exercises.  We got ready to go to church and I still was able to do my devotions - wow!

It was another good sermon and time of great music.  Jamie's family left for a week at the beach with Dane's parents after the swim meet yesterday, so we left right after the service and went to our favorite breakfast restaurant, Old Hickory Grille, for their delicious quesadilla.    

Back home a little before noon and Ken rested while I worked on this blog and looked at the newspaper.  We packed up some food and drinks and were on our way to Cindy's son and his wife's home for the family picnic.  It was close to 100 degrees and very humid, not exactly a perfect day for an outdoor picnic, but at least it wasn't raining!

We had such a fun time at the Althouse Family picnic.  Everyone was there except Jamie's family, who at the shore for the week and John's son and his wife who are on vacation also.  My mother decided not to come because of the heat and that was a good decision.

We spent time playing Kubb -

Bob is the King of Kubb!  What form!

Katelyn is learning from the Best!

Okay, the hat got in my way!

Cindy needed her cooling towel to survive the day!


This was the winning team!

Samantha is learning the form of her dad!

Being viewed by her coach!

and corn hole -

Notice, I got rid of the hat for the competitive corn hole match!

Aunt Cindy watched Katelyn do a split and she thought she should try it -

I think she needs a bit more practice and flexibility!

We had a great picnic dinner including hamburgs, hot dogs, chicken, baked beans, deviled eggs, fruit, veggies and brownies for desserts.  Everyone bought something and we had a nice variety of delicious food.




Lanie and Katelyn decided to take a break!
Ken and I left the picnic around 8:30 and it was right to bed when we got home after a long afternoon in the hot sun, but it was so worth it.  Our family really has a good time playing outdoor games and being together!

No comments:

Post a Comment