Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Wednesday - Beautiful Sunny, Less Humid Day!

Ken was up before me and had a lot of his reading and morning routine finished before I appeared.  We watched some of the morning news (not sure why?) and then got ready for our day.  Ken left at 8 to go to his volunteer job at MCC hoping that his foot would cooperate.  Fortunately they had him go out on the truck today to pick up donated items at several re-use-it shops throughout the county which kept him off his foot a lot of the time.  When items have been in their stores for a long time and have not sold, they get them and take them to the warehouse where they are bundled and donated.

I did my exercises and stretches and by 9:15 I was on my way to visit my special friend, Marty Miller, who is celebrating her 80th birthday tomorrow.  We chatted, reminisced, and just had a great time "catching" up on life.  She is the kind of person who you would want to talk to and ask for advice if you were "down and out"!  She is one of a kind!

From there, I decided to head to Lancaster to do some shopping, something I don't do very often.  One of my main goals was to find some kind of cart/cabinet for the kitchen to help alleviate some of the clutter in my overcrowded cupboards.  Bingo - I was successful in finding just what I wanted but they were out of stock until next week.  No problem!  I have been in our apartment over 4 years, so what is another week?  I probably stopped at about 7 or 8 different stores, but really only purchased a few things.  I was a good girl!!!!

I only got home at 5:30 and Ken had made large salads for dinner - what a guy!  His foot was sore from working today, but really not any worse!  We talked about our day's activities, ate dinner while watching the news, and then played a game of Hand and Foot which Ken won again!  Really????

Jamie called with some sad news regarding one of their closest friends.  Dan's brother was found dead in his home this morning resulting from an alcohol problem he just couldn't conquer and he was only 42.  So, Jamie immediately drove to Dan and Jen's to pick up their 2 young children and keep them for the day.  What a good friend!  Jamie wanted us to know what had happened and I think she also needed just to talk about it to help her get through it.  

Later I had a nice phone conversation with Doloris Martin, another special friend and a couple that we camp with when possible.  We hadn't chatted for awhile, so it was so nice to reconnect.  We are hoping to get together this Sunday for some card playing.

By 9:30 Ken and I were in bed reading and at 10:30 it was lights out!  It was a very satisfying day of spending time talking to special friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment