Thursday, July 19, 2018

Thursday - Gorgeous Sunny Day with Very Low Humidity!

It was our normal morning with Ken up before me doing his routine while I did my stretches and exercises.  He left at 7:45 to meet Gary for breakfast.  I did my reading, worked on the blog, and then got ready for the day.

It was time to start cleaning the apartment, my favorite job by far - NOT! Ken was back home around 9:30 and did some work at his desk.  We had an early, light lunch and left by 11:45 to go to Javateas Coffee Shop in Ephrata where Bria and Cali were working from 12 to 2 serving drinks and taking orders.  Ken and I each had a peach/pear/apricot/banana smoothie that the girls made and they were positively delicious.  They did a great job of working with the customers and just having a good time.


Cali looks very serious ringing up
this order!

Bria and Cali had fun and did
a great job!
Their favorite customer of the day - their dog
Samson!


By 1:20 we were at Masonic Homes for an afternoon of card playing with my parents.  Because of our travels we missed being there last week so we were all very happy to be together again.   Not a good day of card playing for the women as we only won 1 game out of 4!

We were home by 5:00 and made pulled barbeque chicken with sauteed peppers and onions to put on our salads.  I left at 6:15 to play pickleball outdoors with 4 other folks.  A group usually plays every Tuesday and Thursday night, but there hasn't been a lot of interest this summer plus they resurfaced the courts making them unplayable for several weeks.  I felt like I played fairly well for that 1 1/2 hours and had an enjoyable time.  Showered and did my devotions in bed when I got home.  Ken had a quiet evening by himself at the apartment and did a lot of reading and studying.  We turned out the lights by 10:15 after a rather busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment