Monday, July 30, 2018

Sunday and Monday - Nice Days with Lower Humidity and NO Measureable Rain!

Ken and I were up in plenty of time to do some reading and get ready for church.  I even completed my stretches and exercises before we left at 8:30.  Jamie's family and Sue and Dan left for the beach yesterday so we really enjoyed sitting with Deb and Lloyd!

It was the last "At the Movies" week and I must say I enjoyed the biblical message they talked about from the film, but I wasn't thrilled with the movie, a superhero movie with lots of emphasis on Spiderman.  Not a fan!!!!

Ken and I came right home after church, made breakfast and then we went for about a 1 mile walk to downtown Lititz.  It had been quite awhile since we walked because of Ken's foot and all the rain.  It went fairly well for both of us.

I worked on some cardholders while Ken read and then at 3:30 we packed my ice cream sandwich dessert and some drinks and were on our way to a picnic with our Small Group from Church.  We hadn't been together for quite awhile and it was so good to see everyone and gracious of Eddie and Lori to host.  We spent lots of time just chatting, eating, and then Ken and I lead a discussion with questions from the movie we had seen last week, "Only the Brave"!  We appreciated the willingness of people to share, but we certainly missed input from Rick and Joyce who are a part of our group, but moved to Florida full-time.  So happy for them, but sad for us that they aren't here!

We were home by 9:15 and went right to bed.  What a fun day!

Today, Monday, was an off and on cloudy day with just a few "sprinkles" around 5.  Ken was up early but I woke around 6:30 with a bad headache, so I took some Tylenol and went right back to bed until 7:45.  I was almost gone when I got up, but it must have been a low grade migraine, because I felt a bit nauseated throughout the day.  

Ken had breakfast with one of his buddies he mentors and when he returned we left to deliver for Meals on Wheels.  It is great to do it together because of having to read and follow the directions to get to all the right locations and it is hard for the driver to do that!

We were back home by noon and ate lunch.  Ken did some reading while I did some crafting.  We had planned to take a walk near dinner time, but that is when we had a brief shower.  So, we sat on the couch and did some "fine tuning" of our trip to Avalon Beach and the New England States in September.  After some revamping, we finally figured out where we want to got and in what order.  We will camp at Avalon Beach for about 9 days and spent most of that time camping with Fred and Doloris - looking forward to that.  We will be home for about 4 days before leaving for Mystic Harbor, Ogunquit, Cape Cod, and then Newport, RI.  It should be a great trip!  We are looking forward to seeing Burt and Pat, friends we met at our church in Florida this past winter who live close to Moody Beach CG.  We will be home in time for our 50th class reunion - really????

We had salads and quesadillas for dinner while watching the news.  Then we finished a game of Hand and Foot (Ken won) and started another one which I am leading for the moment.  My lead will probably be short lived!

I continued working on my cardholders while watching American Ninja Warrior and Ken did some devotions.  Bedtime was 10 which allowed for some reading time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment