Saturday, July 21, 2018

Saturday - Rainy, Cool Day!

Ken was up at 5:45 and woke me at 6:15.  He read and I did my stretches and exercises.  I guess that will be my morning routine forever - Ugh!!!!

We ate breakfast, packed snacks and water and were off to the League Swim Championships here in Lititz.  It was cloudy and only in the 60's so it was quite a change from our hot, humid and sunny weather.  The morning session was for 11 and older and the afternoon 10 and under, so Cali only got to swim when the morning swims were finished!  They were only allowed to swim in 2 individual events and 1 relay so Bria and Cali swam backstroke, butterfly, and the freestyle relay.  Bria came in 4th in both backstroke and butterfly which is so good when she is the youngest in that age group and their are many participants.  Her relay came in 2nd.
Bria was in the final heat for 12 and under backstroke and
did a great job!

The morning session ended around 10:45 and it was just starting to rain.  So, Ken and I decided to head home for lunch and maybe return to see Cali swim depending on the weather.  We finished our game of Hand and Foot which Ken won and then had leftover pizza for lunch.  Ken vacuumed while I cleaned up my craft area and did a load of wash.  The afternoon session was to start at 12:30 and by then it was raining rather steadily.  We decided it was a good day to stay at home, especially since Ken had his Step Class at 3 and then we are meeting our couples card club for dinner at 5:30.

Ken read and rested while I did my devotions, downloaded photos, and worked on this blog.  Oh yes, I also played a few games on my tablet!  Ken left at 2:30 for his class.  I crocheted, rested a bit, and watched some rugby, a very unfamiliar sport to me.  Wow, is it a rough one!  I found it rather interesting.

I got ready for our evening and Ken returned around 4:45.  By 5 we were on our way to Gracie's on East Main in Leola to meet our card club for dinner.  This was a new place for Ken and I and we really enjoyed it.  The menu was unique but had a lot of items that I would have enjoyed trying.  Ken and I decided to share a pulled pork and cheese sandwich with apple butter barbeque sauce on grilled sourdough bread.  It was delicious.  One of their speciality items is their grilled cheese sandwiches.  I also had their tomato bisque soup which was very good.

Then we had a fun evening playing cards at Reddig's house, good snacks, and delicious fresh peach pie.  We really enjoyed spending time with these special friends and sharing what has been going on in our lives.  We were back home by 11:30 and it was off to bed.

Did get a return message from Jamie that Cali finished 2nd in both butterfly and backstroke in her league and for her age group.  Her relay also won 1st place.  It was a great meet for both girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment