Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Tuesday - Imagine This? Another Very Hot and Humid Day!

Ken was up before me and started his devotions.  I did my stretches in bed and then got ready to go to physical therapy at 9.  Ken had left at 7:30 to have breakfast with one of his "brothers" from his Step Study.  He is still having a lot of pain with his foot and can't put much weight on it!

I had breakfast and then started working on the blog.   Marty Miller, one of the ladies from my card club group called, and we had such a great chat.  We used to live close to each other in the country when Lanie and Jamie were very young and she was always such a wonderful listener and support person!  She is turning 80 on Thursday and I am going visit her tomorrow!  

I went to physical therapy and had to fill out an evaluation of my treatment and progression.  After talking with Megan, she suggested, and I agreed, that it is time to discontinue therapy and just keep doing my stretches and exercises at home.   Their doors will always be open if I feel I should return, but for now I have made enough positive strides that I can do what is necessary at home!  

From there I headed to Jamie's for a needed haircut.  It was nice to spend about 1 1/2 hours there chatting with her and the girls.  I also got a tremendous haircut, an added bonus!  I went to Wal-Mart for some needed groceries and toiletries, only getting home at 1:15.  

Ken had cleaned his office and was doing some reading.  I ate a light lunch and then baked a double batch of oat bran blueberry muffins, because they are a favorite of my mother too!  I cleaned up the kitchen and then finished another x-stitch jar topper to take to Marty tomorrow for her birthday.  She is not overly excited about being 80, so instead of Happy Birthday it says Celebrate Life Daily and the jar is filled with dark chocolate Wilbur Buds.

We played another round of Hand and Foot and I was so far ahead that Ken declared me the winner - Wow!  We started another game and Ken is ahead slightly.  We will finish it tomorrow.

I left at 5:45 to attend the last swim meet for Bria and Cali at the Ephrata Pool for this summer.  They have districts and a qualifying meet the next 2 Saturdays, but other then that, they are finished for this season.  Of course indoor swim team will begin around September.  They have had a good summer swimming and work so hard at improving.  Ken wanted to go but he had Celebrate Recovery tonight and had missed it last week.  We will go to their meets the next 2 Saturdays.

I was home by 8:30 and worked on this blog because I had gotten behind since returning from Canada.  Ken returned at 9:45 and we shared about our evening's activities.  I had watched America's Got Talent and some of World of Dance.  Both shows have some extremely talented contestants!

We were both in bed by 10:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment