Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Tuesday - Another Rainy, Humid Day!

Ken was up doing his regular morning routine by 5:45.  I told him to wake me at 6:45 if the weather allowed Cindy, John, Dan and I to play pickleball, but it was raining again. (Ken is still having trouble with a sore foot - no pickleball)! So, I only got up by 7, watched some news, and then did my stretches and exercises.

We both got ready and left by 9:30 to do some errands.  Ken had to get his photo taken for his driver's license and then go to Costco to get a few items, mainly the Soki salmon they just got in.  I headed to the Ephrata area to look for a bathing suit (no luck!) and then to a local stamping/scrapbook store at a farm to get some glitter glue for my mother.  From there I got a few groceries at Wal-Mart before going to Jamie's to meet with her and Lanie to make lists of what we each need to take to the beach for our family vacation the 1st full week of August.  Jamie graciously made pizzas and salad for lunch.  Lanie provided fruit and I took cookies.  By 3 we had discussed the trip and the camping adventure that Ken and I will take our granddaughters on the week after we return.  All went well and I was home by 3:15.

Ken had a lengthy phone call with his brother, Paul, which is something that doesn't happen very often.  I made cards that I will send to Samantha next week when she is at Girl Scout Camp.  They suggest that the parents bring notes or letters with them when they drop of girls and the camp will distribute them to the girls while they are there.  I am sending mine to Lanie so she can take them also.

Ken left at 5:45 and picked up 2 of the gentlemen he mentors and they all went to Celebrate Recovery.  I had dinner, talked to my mom, worked on this blog and then called Noela and Ken's sister.  Then it was time to watch America's Got Talent and finish the 2 card holders I started last night.

Ken was home by 9:45 and by 10 we were in bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment