Sunday, July 15, 2018

Sunday - Hot and Humid!

Ken and I had time to do our normal morning routine before arriving at Church at 8:40.  The Church does a series every July called "At the Movies" and you watch a portion of a hit movie with a biblical truth being brought out of it by our ministers.  This week the movie featured was Star Wars, of which Ken and I have not seen any!  So, Ken was not excited when he realized what movie was going to be shown.  Our Praise Band did a great job of performing the theme song from the movie and then it was time to open the popcorn bags we were given when we entered the Church and watch the presentation.

Ken says he went through many emotions, from disappointment with the choice, the beginning violent scenes, etc., but by the time the service was over, we were both thrilled we had been there.  The biblical truth from the film had to do with fear and it was amazing.  One key point that I will share - We have a tendency to ask questions like, What if I lose my job, What if my spouse leaves me, What if the Dr. tells me I have cancer, etc.  It was suggested that you put the word "so" in front of all those questions and stop to consider what God's plan is in all of these things.  He will be there through those "down" times and has a much larger plan in store for us - Wow!  Not always easy to do, but what a way to face life!

We planned to stop at Wal-Mart after Church, but it looked like a major storm was approaching, so we came right home, going through some heavy rain along the way.  We had a very late breakfast and then sat down to watch the finals of the World Cup Soccer!  What a game.    Ken went for a walk and I decided to do some crafting and cleaning of my craft area.

I realized that the men's final of Wimbledon was being rebroadcast at 3, so I was glued to the TV while x-stitching.  Ken watched some of it too!  We worked together making salads for dinner and Ken grilled steak and fish.  After cleaning up, we decided to take a walk downtown, about a 1 mile course.  Then it was time for some Hand and Foot of which Ken was the winner.

We were in bed by 10 after a rather relaxing day, just what we needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment