Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Monday and Tuesday - 2 More Extremely Hot, Humid Days!

Ken was up by 5 but it was 6:45 when I had finished my stretches in bed and made an appearance!  I also did my exercises while watching the news.  We had oatmeal for breakfast, cleaned up the kitchen, and then Ken left for an appointment to see an attorney Dane had recommended to go over our estate items.  

He stopped at AC Moore for me on the way to the appointment to get Mod Podge for sealing the larger rocks I recently painted.  I needed the type that was good for the outdoors!  Before he had left, Ken had loaded our bikes so he took them to a local bike shop to get them tuned up and replace the gears that are so hard to turn.  We had planned to leave them there while we were in Canada, but this is a slow time of year for them and the mechanic said they would probably be done tomorrow - WOW!  After stopping at the bank, Ken was back home around 11:45.

I had spent the morning dusting the apartment, doing devotions, and then painting rocks.  I certainly enjoy doing them.  We ate lunch and we played a game of Hand and Foot - I won!  Then I did more painting, downloaded photos, and worked on this blog.  Ken did some reading.


Plan to give some away and put one in the flowerbed here
at the apartment!

Ken went for his walk and then we had leftovers for dinner.  We took a short walk downtown that went okay!  We watched American Ninja Warrior and I continued working on another x-stitch design for the top of a small jelly jar.  Bed by 11.

Today, Tuesday, was another extremely hot, humid day.  After getting ready and eating breakfast, I headed to my 9 AM physical therapy appointment.  Megan continues to listen and then change some stretches and exercises depending on my pains!  I was back by 10 and Ken was just returning from a long walk.  He went to Jamie's to water her plants because they are on vacation this week, and then picked up our finished bikes and brought them back home!

I did some clean-up and after lunch, continued working on my x-stitch project, eventually finishing it.  I got some snack items ready for the folks who are coming here late this afternoon to watch the parade that goes right by our apartment.  Lanie's family, Heather and her boys, and friends Dan and Jackie and their granddaughter Abree, joined us around 5:30.  

We set-up a table with snacks and a cooler filled with cold drinks.  Ken and Bob drove downtown to pick-up 3 large cheese pizzas for the group.  The parade only got here around 7:15, but the kids had such a fun time getting all the candy that was "thrown" by people in the parade.  They had large bags full of treats!  This year the parade came the opposite direction, so we were near the end and the "throwers" were very generous with the candies they had left!


Samantha and Kately had their buckets almost full of candy!

Heather's boys, Cooper and Jack, loved the parade!

Here come some more folks throwing candies!


Everyone left right after the parade, so Ken and I drove to the downtown area (both of us were feeling tired and hot) and went to the park for the free concert by one of our favorite groups, Ricky K and the All Nighters!  Their "Crazy Drummer", as he is known, has several You Tubes that have been viewed by over 60 million people.  The energy he uses when playing is incredible and he is so much fun to watch.  His expressions and crazy antics are amazing!  Ricky K, the lead singer, is tremendous and the group sings many of the 50's and 60's songs that we know and love!


Ricky K and the All Nighters at the Lititz Springs Park!

The Crazy Drummer!  You have to look him up on You Tube
and you will be amazed at his talent!

Ricky K singing the last song of the evening. What a
great and entertaining show!


We were back home by 10:30 and it was off to dreamland!

No comments:

Post a Comment