Sunday, July 22, 2018

Sunday - Mostly Cloudy, But Warmer Day! A Few Showers!

Ken was up a little before me and did his devotions while I stretched and exercised.  We got ready for church and I had time to do my devotions before we left at 8:30.  

It was another Sunday "At the Movies" and we sat with Jamie, Dane, and Sue.  This week's presentation was "Only the Brave", the true story about the 11 firefighters that perished in Arizona fighting a major forest fire.  They were called the Hot Shots.  The portions of the movie we saw were phenomenal and it is probably one Ken and I will rent in the near future.  Again, the way our minister, Jason, brought out biblical truths was amazing!  The major thrust of his message was having the courage to move forward in times of diversity and not being "paralyzed".

We went to breakfast with Deb, Lloyd, Gene, and Marilyn and had a fun time.  Ken and I stopped for groceries and were home around 1.  We worked together in the kitchen making salads and husking corn in preparation for Fred and Doloris joining us for dinner.

Ken read and then we both rested before watching more rugby.  I also worked on this blog. Doloris and Fred arrived at 5 and we chatted for quite awhile, catching up on what each of us has been doing this summer.  It started to rain so we continued talking until it cleared and Ken was able to grill.  He did the steak and Mahi while I cooked the corn on the cob and got the salad ready.  We had vanilla ice cream with fresh nectarines and whipped cream for dessert and it was so good!  

After a quick clean-up it was time to play cards.  The men won Haus, but only by a few points (I guess it was still a win!) and they also won an abbreviated version of Skip-Bo, but only by a little bit (still I win, I guess!).  It was now 9 and because they both get up very early, it was time to call it a night.  We certainly had a good time being with them.  Looking forward to a week together in September camping at Sea Pines in Avalon, NJ.

Ken and I watched some of America's Got Talent while he did some reading and I started 2 card holders.  We were in bed by 10 and read before turning out the lights.  What a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment