Friday, August 24, 2018

Friday - Another Gorgeous, Sunny Day with Low Humidity!

We were both up by 5:10 and I did my stretches and exercises while Ken showered.  Then it was my turn.  I put in a load of wash and he was doing his reading when I left at 6:20 to meet my Curvette ladies in Ephrata for breakfast.  It was so good to be with them again!

I left Evergreen Diner at 8:10 and stopped by Jamie's to drop off a sweater I had borrowed from Sue at church last Sunday.  I had forgotten one and it is always so cold in the sanctuary.  Back home by 8:45 and Ken had left to have breakfast with Gary.

I finished the wash and then read the paper while enjoying my chai.  Ken was home by 9:30 and did some reading for his Step Study.  We left at 10:20 to deliver in the Rothsville area for Meals on Wheels.  It was a beautiful day for delivering and although there were on 9 meals to drop off, the route covers more miles than some of them.  We were back to the church by 11:45 after spending some time chatting with several of the recipients.

We did more reading when we got home and after a light lunch, Ken left for his annual Dr. visit.  He was very pleased with the thoroughness of the Dr. and the nurses and they were extremely pleased with all of his numbers.  He will get routine blood work in the near future and visit his cardiologist. 

While he was gone, I did my daily readings, made a couple of get well cards and then did some rock painting.  Ken only returned at 4 and did more reading and rested.

We made salads for dinner and Ken grilled salmon and chicken -guess who gets which one????  We watched the news and then went for our walk to downtown Lititz.  What a perfect evening for a stroll!  Checked out the demolition of the Wilbur Chocolate Factory.  They certainly have a major job there, but it is moving along.  By June of 2019, they plan to have the very upscale condos finished in the original factory.

Back home where we watched America Ninja Warrior while I crocheted and Ken did some reading and "catching up" on his e-mails and Facebook.

We were in bed by 10 to do some reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment