Sunday, August 12, 2018

Saturday and Sunday - Off and on Sunshine But Humid!

Ken was up early to get back into his "normal" morning routine.  I was tired and actually slept in until 7:30.  I did my stretches and exercises and "caught up" on some of my reading.  We made oatmeal for breakfast and by 9:30 we left to walk downtown to the annual 2nd Saturday in August Lititz Craft Show.  It is definitely one of the largest craft shows in the area with over 700 vendors and a crowd of over 50,000 people attending.  They actually close down major roads in the area and that was especially true this year because they didn't allow any vendors in the park due to all the flooding last weekend.  Over 30 years ago I actually participated in this show with painted wooden country items!  Hard to remember!

Ken and I walked almost the entire show and really did enjoy checking out what people are currently crafting!  I am amazed at all the wooden country type items still made.  I would have thought that was a thing of the past!  When we first left the house it was warm, but not extremely hot.  That wasn't true when we started heading back - now very hot, sunny, and humid.   We made 3 purchases at the show - a cone of Peachy Paterno Ice Cream, a bottle of water, and a metal tripod for a hanging planter.  Not bad when you consider we walked the show for 3 hours!


3 Different Areas of the Craft Show!  So many people!




Back to the apartment for a light lunch and then Ken rested (he had gotten up extremely early) and I started making more card holders.  Ken left for his Step Study at 2:30 and I had a nice phone conversation with Jamie.  We both expressed how much we enjoyed our family week and the special times we have together.  She told me that Cali had lost her Don't Worry rock I had painted for here at the beach and was devastated last night when she went to bed and realized she didn't have it to put under her pillow.  She had taken it to the beach and when her bed was "stripped", no one knew it was under her pillow.  So, Grandma spent time painting her another one, actually 2, so I was sure she would have a "spare!

Ken was home by 5:15 and we decided to go to the Saladworks for dinner, because I had recently gotten a BOGO coupon in the mail and we have wanted to go there for quite awhile.  The salads were very fresh and you had many options so it turned out to be a good choice.  We even brought 1/2 of our salads home for tomorrow night!

I had a nice chat with my mother and my sister (Cindy and John are RVing in Mystic Seaport) and it was so good to talk to both of them.  Ken and I played 2 rounds of Hand and Foot ( I am winning by 500 points) and then I finished a card holder and did some crocheting.  Bed for both of us by 9:30 to do some reading.

Today, Sunday, Ken was up extremely early and by 8:30 we were on our way to church.  Another great sermon on how to be remarkable!  Cali was so appreciative of her Do Not Worry rocks and Jamie was happy for her larger rock  to put in one of her flowerbeds.  Ken and I went to "visit" Wilbur and return some items we had taken to the beach that need ed to go back for some of our upcoming camping adventures.  Then we met Lloyd, Deb and Marvin for breakfast and had a great time sharing.  From there Ken and I went to Costco for some needed groceries because our frig is rather empty following our week at the beach.

We were back home around 2 and quickly unloaded and put everything in its place.  Ken worked at his desk for a bit and then took a needed nap after getting up so early yesterday and today.  I did some reading and then worked on this blog.  I started another card holder and also did more crocheting on my baby afghan for Knots of Love.  

Ken grilled salmon and steak and of course, we had salads with the meat.  After dinner, we took a walk downtown and then played the 3rd round of Hand and Foot.  Ken was losing majorly, so he surrendered.  

I finished another cardholder and did more crocheting while watching America's Got Talent.  I had missed the show last week when we were on our family vacation.  Ken read and watched a few segments of the show.  Off to bed by 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment